Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about some love for OT Vederian Lowe making the cut?
Prototypical size for a NFL OT. 6th round pick. Long frame but thick where it counts (that's what she said). Might be a guy who challenges Brandel next year for the top backup swing OT as he's more athletic. 

Overview

Offensive line prospect who checks multiple boxes in both the traits and intangibles categories. Evaluators are sure to love Lowe's personal character as well as his measurables. He's big, strong and long but needs to play with better hand accuracy and technique to fully unlock those traits. Bend and athleticism are both strengths for Lowe, who is a scheme-independent talent. He's allowed too many pressures and sacks during his career but has the tools for rapid improvement with a few coaching fixes. Lowe is worthy of middle-round consideration as a swing tackle with guard potential.

Strengths
  • Big, strong and durable.
  • Praised for character, maturity and leadership.
  • Bendy with adequate lateral quickness.
  • Makes athletic adjustments on the move.
  • Runs feet to stick and wash down opponents as zone blocker.
  • Rips pass punch into opponent with snap.
  • Maintains separation with length and hand resets.
  • Above-average recovery athleticism.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Prototypical size for a NFL OT. 6th round pick. Long frame but thick where it counts (that's what she said). Might be a guy who challenges Brandel next year for the top backup swing OT as he's more athletic. 

Overview

Offensive line prospect who checks multiple boxes in both the traits and intangibles categories. Evaluators are sure to love Lowe's personal character as well as his measurables. He's big, strong and long but needs to play with better hand accuracy and technique to fully unlock those traits. Bend and athleticism are both strengths for Lowe, who is a scheme-independent talent. He's allowed too many pressures and sacks during his career but has the tools for rapid improvement with a few coaching fixes. Lowe is worthy of middle-round consideration as a swing tackle with guard potential.

Strengths
Have to wonder how much of this is "our guy over the other guy's guy." Lowe, Vilain, Muse over Davidson, ISM, Watts, etc. Just a little eyebrow raising. 

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but Ourlads has Brandel at backup RG, with Lowe at RT and Udoh at LT. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Overview

Strengths
Have to wonder how much of this is "our guy over the other guy's guy." Lowe, Vilain, Muse over Davidson, ISM, Watts, etc. Just a little eyebrow raising. 

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but Ourlads has Brandel at backup RG, with Lowe at RT and Udoh at LT. 
Davidson can't catch, so no wondering there. Watts is the biggest question to me....and I think to him as well. It could purely be a moneyball play with a guy that wasn't anything more than an average to below average starter. Hard to say. ISM is irrelevant, IMO. I think Nailor is a way more well rounded WRer and the team knows it and it will show in Year 2.

Ourlads could be spot on, I'm not sure personally. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Overview

Strengths

Davidson can't catch, so no wondering there. Watts is the biggest question to me....and I think to him as well. It could purely be a moneyball play with a guy that wasn't anything more than an average to below average starter. Hard to say. ISM is irrelevant, IMO. I think Nailor is a way more well rounded WRer and the team knows it and it will show in Year 2.

Ourlads could be spot on, I'm not sure personally. 
Neither can Muse. He dropped just as many as Davidson did, and he has nowhere near the size, speed or separation. We'll see if the Bills can fix his hands. 

Once ISM lost the PR job, his days were numbered. I agree that Nailor is a more well rounded receiver. Still can't figure out the Watts thing. Just baffling. 

Watts is baffling for me too...ISM? not so much

These last few weeks are seeming to accelerate change in Eagan aren't they? For better or worse, we are seeing KOC/KAM put their stamp on the team and around a good core that RS left them.

Love me some V Lowe.  Dude is easy to root for. 

ISM looked to be making progress, kinda a thin build though and you gotta catch the ball first. 

Watts is the most surprising. Who is starting? I would  have thought Lynch but he seemed to be playing nose to save his spot last week. Is it the new dude from Atlanta?