Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did Jerry Kill turn into such a prick?
https://www.twincities.com/2022/08/31/da...t-gophers/

Any insight from those close to the Gophers program?

I have been wondering the same thing. His comments on PJ seem rather extreme. 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
I have been wondering the same thing. His comments on PJ seem rather extreme. 
Maybe he's suffering from the Coach Zimmer syndrome...?

Fleck seems to be a polarizing figure...  you either love his energy and flair or you don't (that goes for players, coaches, etc).

I think Kill was mad when Minnesota fired Claeys who was Kill's handpicked successor after he had to step down for health reasons.  Then the sexual assault cases hit the program under Claeys and Fleck made some comments about changing the culture of the program, rebuilding the talent level, etc.  

Kill took offense to all that considering he kind of started the upswing for Gophers football but Fleck was able to take them higher than any other coach in recent memory.  Think it's just sour grapes to be honest.

IT is sour grapes and Jerry is such an easy mark for the press...They'll bait him and reel him in like a trout. 

I wish Kill well, I've always liked Jerry as a person and could root for him most of his tenure as a coach here. 

He's clearly butt hurt these days though. 

Grow up Jerry.

Its a really bad look for the guy....and really burning bridges in Minnesota. 

[Image: 7axjgk5yvmlp.jpeg]
He should enjoy the game tonight…! 
Wink :p  

I also think the talking heads want to run with division, chaos and drama as per usual these days. Kill is definitely butt hurt and there is some sour grapes. Oh well. Onward and upward.