Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefon Diggs
 Man, every time I see this kid play, I come away more impressed. Speed, routes, quickness, hands, toughness.  I think we're witnessing the emergence of a superstar. 

I need to see it for more than a 3 or 4 game stretch.....  but yes,  when he is a go,  he is something special.

even more impressed with Theilen. that dude is 7-11

If he could stay healthy, he'd be a hall of famer. He's got the talent. Just needs to play the whole season, which so far he has not done.

Both Diggs and AT run such great routes.  And with Bradford hitting them in stride.... Oh yeah!

About the only thing you can say negatively about him is he has disappeared for stretches of games in his first two seasons (whether that was due to injury or inexperience)...

But he addressed the injury part and said he focused this off-season on taking better care of his body.  Typically, a WR's third season is when they really emerge so it's going to be fun to see if he can build on the year he had last season.

Some fans have scoffed when it was mentioned he could be the next "Antonio Brown" with his combination of speed, quickness, impeccable route running, and strong hands...  If he keeps stacking up games like last night this season, it's going to be a LEGIT comparison.

BOOM

He's definitely one of those receivers that can give you that "holy shit!" feeling.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
About the only thing you can say negatively about him is he has disappeared for stretches of games in his first two seasons (whether that was due to injury or inexperience)...

But he addressed the injury part and said he focused this off-season on taking better care of his body.  Typically, a WR's third season is when they really emerge so it's going to be fun to see if he can build on the year he had last season.

Some fans have scoffed when it was mentioned he could be the next "Antonio Brown" with his combination of speed, quickness, impeccable route running, and strong hands...  If he keeps stacking up games like last night this season, it's going to be a LEGIT comparison.

BOOM
It's already legit. Especially when you think of their timelines. Antonio Brown did nothing his first season. He went over a thousand his 2nd season, but scored only 2 TDs. 3rd season, he bumped the TDs to 5, but only 700 yards. Brown didn't really break out until his 4th season. This is Diggs' 3rd season. So if you're comparing apples to apples (seasons to seasons), it's a legit comparison.

Physically (and I put this here only as trivia). 

Diggs: 6-0, 195, 4.46, 35 vert
Brown: 5-10, 186, 4.56, 33 vert, 

Diggs is a beast. He reminds me of Steve Smith.  

AT is about as under-rated as they come.

As has been said already, Diggs has to stay on the field. Or it will just be supreme potential frustratingly unrealized. 

Last night Gruden remarked that the Vikings were doing it with a "no name" WR corps, then mentioned that Thielen went undrafted and Diggs was a 5th rounder. They may not be household names but these guys are very good players and I'd put them up against just about anyone in the league. I think both guys are going to get some well-deserved recognition this season.