Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle Names Geno Smith Starter
Quote: @"PurplePastor" said:
Garoppolo will be their QB after game 1. That's my prediction.
Why?  They are going to suck anyway,  why would the niners trade within the division and why would the squawks give up draft capital when they will be in position to get a shot at one of the top prospects in the next draft if they just stay the course?  I dont see it happening.   Also the Niners view themselves as contenders and as such I think they would want to keep JG around in case the kid falters or gets hurt.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"PurplePastor" said:
Garoppolo will be their QB after game 1. That's my prediction.
Why?  They are going to suck anyway,  why would the niners trade within the division and why would the squawks give up draft capital when they will be in position to get a shot at one of the top prospects in the next draft if they just stay the course?  I dont see it happening.   Also the Niners view themselves as contenders and as such I think they would want to keep JG around in case the kid falters or gets hurt.
I heard on the radio (don't know who it was) yesterday that the 49ers had told JG that they would trade him if he wasn't their starter. The radio guys also said that the Seahawks were very interested but the 9ers wouldn't want to play against him in their first game. They were speculating that the 9ers would keep JG on the roster and consider trading him after the 1st game. I came into the middle of the segment but they seemed to be speculating based on some intel. 

Looks like the Seahawks are getting serious about getting that first overall pick