Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not make it fun right out of the gate?

If McCaffrey doesn't blow something again by Sep 11 the Panthers have a good chance with Baker vs. Jacoby Brissett.

I hope Mayfield can have fun and a good, long career down there...Just not against us.

Week 1 is going to be a blast. Mayfield vs. the Browns. Packers vs. Vikings (and former Packer Za'Darius Smith) in USB with fans warned by the coach not to sell their tickets to Packer fans (we'll see). Russell Wilson and the Broncos traveling to Seattle to play Drew Lock. A matchup of what probably should have been the Super Bowl last year, Rams and Bills. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Week 1 is going to be a blast. Mayfield vs. the Browns. Packers vs. Vikings (and former Packer Za'Darius Smith) in USB with fans warned by the coach not to sell their tickets to Packer fans (we'll see). Russell Wilson and the Broncos traveling to Seattle to play Drew Lock. A matchup of what probably should have been the Super Bowl last year, Rams and Bills. 
Yup!

That's a whole lotta good & intriguing football...

Reg season can't start soon enough!

that game 1 vs the fudge is bringing high demand,  I saw tickets going for as much as 3 times face value on the resale market,  and honestly I doubt most people that paid high ass PSL fees are going to give two shits about who the top bidder is when it comes to recouping those costs. I fully expect the fudge to have a vocal presence opening weekend which is really to bad that KOC wont see/hear that true homefield advantage his first time out in USB.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
that game 1 vs the fudge is bringing high demand,  I saw tickets going for as much as 3 times face value on the resale market,  and honestly I doubt most people that paid high ass PSL fees are going to give two shits about who the top bidder is when it comes to recouping those costs. I fully expect the fudge to have a vocal presence opening weekend which is really to bad that KOC wont see/hear that true homefield advantage his first time out in USB.
Totally agree. There will be a lot of Green and Gold for this game. But here's what never gets talked about: there's also a lot of Viking's fans in Lambeau for the games also. Not the same ratio but vocal. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I don't blame anyone for selling their tickets. I've heard you can almost pay for your season tickets just by selling the Packer game. Hell, I might do it every year. Coach's comments be damned. 

Still, funny thing about opposing crowds, whatever ratio of purple to green there is--90/10, 80/20--they're only noticeable when they're winning. They tend to get real quite real fast when getting beaten. So if coach wants a loud crowd, he knows what to do. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I don't blame anyone for selling their tickets. I've heard you can almost pay for your season tickets just by selling the Packer game. Hell, I might do it every year. Coach's comments be damned. 

Still, funny thing about opposing crowds, whatever ratio of purple to green there is--90/10, 80/20--they're only noticeable when they're winning. They tend to get real quite real fast when getting beaten. So if coach wants a loud crowd, he knows what to do. 
true, but there are tipping points in games where the crowd can be very helpful, and I've been at many games where they just sit on their hands even though the game is still within reach.  minny fans in the 3rd quarter/ early 4th are often snoozing even in tight games where they can make a difference,   up by 20... they dont shut up.

Wish I could see it---gonna be out moose hunting until after week two unless I get one early.