Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings cut 5 (so far)
In a couple of weeks, the Vikings will be forced to make sweeping changes to get their roster to 53 players before the Sept. 11 season opener against the Green Bay Packers.
But first came a simpler, easier move when the Vikings had to trim their roster to 85 players on Tuesday afternoon. In order to do that, they released veteran cornerback Tye Smith; waived outside linebacker Andre Mintze and fullback Jake Bargas; and waived defensive tackle Tyarise Stevenson and receiver Thomas Hennigan with injury designations.

https://www.twincities.com/2022/08/16/vi...-deadline/

Might just be me, but this year more than most, there seems to be a big bold line between rosterable players and the non. The 53 should be fairly easy to predict. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Might just be me, but this year more than most, there seems to be a big bold line between rosterable players and the non. The 53 should be fairly easy to predict. 
I was thinking the same thing. Only issue could be, knowing how many they are going to keep at certain positions.

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I was thinking the same thing. Only issue could be, knowing how many they are going to keep at certain positions.
Here's a pretty good prediction now....not sure I would change anything. 

https://twitter.com/vikesinsider/status/...63170?s=20&t=kDS0Qm3qx-iucNSJtsKffA

They look mighty thin @ S...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
That twitter seems low on CB as well. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
That twitter seems low on CB as well. 
Yeah I thought the secondary looked a little short