Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated Signing in LB Jordan Hicks

I'm so ready for some FOOTBALL

Should we let him play first? 

Hicks and Phillips are two underrated signings that will provide a lot of stability to this defense.  

Late 2 minute breakdowns will be less likely to happen with these two joining the squad.  Throw in healthy pressure from the Purple Predators (99 & 55), this team could go deep!

Fingers crossed that Z, Phillips and Hicks all pan out...I mean, the football gods owe me.

I would be surprised if we see any of those 3 or DH this pre-season. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Fingers crossed that Z, Phillips and Hicks all pan out...I mean, the football gods owe me.

I would be surprised if we see any of those 3 or DH this pre-season. 
They owe all of us.

Z was a splash, but Hicks and Phillips are the kind of under the radar signings I like. Phillips reminds me of the Pat Williams signing. League average nose from Buffalo, expectations weren't particularly high, but he just took off when he got to Minnesota. Horrible Harry's upside is even higher since he's a lot younger than Pat was when he came over. 

I loved the Phillips and Hicks signings. I think Hicks will be better than he has been elsewhere. Playing next to Kendricks should be ideal for him. He’s been average in pass and run coverage, but I see a chance for improvement in this system. He’s been very good as a pass rusher in the past and that’s part of his game worth including in some of the d coordinator’s planning. 
Phillips has already performed at a high level in run defense and that was a huge area of need for us. He’s one of the best inside guys in the business. What we added with these two were guys with experience and great fit to the system. They should both bring a positive impact to the team.