Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old man tries to stay relevant with blatantly obvious take

[Image: n2v6au4oy6va.gif]

Old man tries to stay relevant with blatantly obvious takeI thought you were referring to me here. It fits. Anyway this seems like a good spot mention a bit of a pet peeve. 
Though I am in agreement about Darrisaw with Peter King's take, I dislike the comparison made by a somewhat younger supposed guru, involving a future hall of fame player. Placing any Vikings player in this bag, while he is still wet behind the ears is foolish. I'm a long term Vikings fan. That bag is often full of holes or even made out of mesh or wet paper! I have dealt with far too many jinxes and second comings over the years. And while I see the potential, I no longer am able to place my hope into a bag full of holes. I would much rather have the ' blatantly obvious take'.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2022/08...m-success/
Huh, crazy that an old white guy still wants to earn a living....  Don't know what he's thinking.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
Huh, crazy that an old white guy still wants to earn a living....  Don't know what he's thinking.
What does being white have to do with anything?

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Old man tries to stay relevant with blatantly obvious takeI thought you were referring to me here. It fits. Anyway this seems like a good spot mention a bit of a pet peeve. 
Though I am in agreement about Darrisaw with Peter King's take, I dislike the comparison made by a somewhat younger supposed guru, involving a future hall of fame player. Placing any Vikings player in this bag, while he is still wet behind the ears is foolish. I'm a long term Vikings fan. That bag is often full of holes or even made out of mesh or wet paper! I have dealt with far too many jinxes and second comings over the years. And while I see the potential, I no longer am able to place my hope into a bag full of holes. I would much rather have the ' blatantly obvious take'.
Great post old man. Wink Keep in mind that we live in a day and age where it is expected that everyone gets a ribbon or a trophy. About 15 years ago, my youngest son was being recognized for the Terrific Kid award in 1st grade along with a few of his other classmates. The school sent out invitations, had a program, pictures and reception following. My son looked somewhat embarrassed receiving his award. Afterward, I put my arm around him and congratulated him, to which he looked up at me and said, "Dad, it's really not that big a deal. Every kid in the class will get the award. This was just my turn."

How long before the hall of fame gets watered down? I hope never.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Great post old man. Wink Keep in mind that we live in a day and age where it is expected that everyone gets a ribbon or a trophy. About 15 years ago, my youngest son was being recognized for the Terrific Kid award in 1st grade along with a few of his other classmates. The school sent out invitations, had a program, pictures and reception following. My son looked somewhat embarrassed receiving his award. Afterward, I put my arm around him and congratulated him, to which he looked up at me and said, "Dad, it's really not that big a deal. Every kid in the class will get the award. This was just my turn."

How long before the hall of fame gets watered down? I hope never.
Great story. How times have changed. It took me decades and several reminders from my wife to learn I was born politically incorrect! Oh, almost forgot, have a nice day!

@Waterboy said:

I immediately wondered the same thing. How does race fit into this in the least? 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@StickyBun said:
@Waterboy said:

I immediately wondered the same thing. How does race fit into this in the least? 
What does being old have to do with anything?  Not understanding what the original poster was trying to get at.  If he doesn't like Peter King, that's fine.  But what does him being old have anything more to do with that than being white?  The original poster has a track record of constantly targeting older white men in his criticisms.  It makes him feel "woke".  Smile

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2022/08...m-success/
Since we don't have a quality backup at QB, I'd say Cousins is the one most vital for success.  This offense would grind to a halt if Cousins is injured and we're playing a crappy backup QB...  JMO.