Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Bold Camp Predictions:
1. DT Harrison Phillips will be the team’s 2022 most valuable addition 2. S Cam Bynum will play better than rookie Lewis Cine in the preseason but to the surprise of many, Cine will get the start against the yellow team.  3. Best camp battle will not be RG, as many expect (Ingram wins) but at swing tackle between Udoh and Brandel.  4. RB Ty Chandler will be Mr. Eagan, the rookie star of preseason 5. LB Blake Lynch will be the veteran breakout player 6. ISJ will finish the year as a top 10 TE 7. Garrett Bradbury will have a better season. Not enough to earn a new contract, but the quick-hit offense will suit his strengths and weaknesses much better 8. WR Bisi Johnson will hold off ISM and Nailer for WR4 9. By November, P2 is a part time player 10. Mr “Mankato” (the Kyries Hebert award for player who shines in camp, then disappears) will go to Luiji Vilain

All great predictions, I also really expect Bynum to outplay everyone in the secondary and think they will need to find a spot for him.  I think the biggest surprise out of camp will be the emergence of Janarius Robinson, I was bummed when he got hurt last season and think he can be a Hunter type talent, but with even more of an edge.

Pretty solid, MB. My most valuable addition is going to go to Za'Darius Smith.

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-defe...600193614/

it’s my hope that Booth & Cine battle it out for defensive rookie of the year, couple that w/ healthy years for Hunter & Smith & look out NFC…!!!

I feel better about the Cine/Booth picks than I do on any of
the defenders we’ve drafted since Kendricks.

If our Edge Rushers stay healthy, we could surprise a lot of
people.

Uncommon opinion:  I
think our defense could be outperforming the offense for the first half of the
season.  While our offense is very
talented, it’s also very young.  Our
coaching staff is very young.  I think
Cousins in general takes a little while to get going.  Our defense on the other hand is much more
veteran both in players and coaches.  I
think there’s a very real chance that our defense hits the ground running
(before injuries take their toll but hopefully not) while our offense needs to
build up steam over the first half of the season.

Agree with a lot of your predictions MB except #3.  I don't think Udoh makes the team, most likely one of the last ones to be let go.

Quote: @StickyBun said:

Phillips won't get the glamor plays like Z--the sacks--but he'll make a big difference in the run game I think, which has frustrated me--all of us--for a couple of years. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Phillips won't get the glamor plays like Z--the sacks--but he'll make a big difference in the run game I think, which has frustrated me--all of us--for a couple of years. 
I'm very interested to see Phillips impact: I'm not as high on him as you are. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote: @medaille said:
I feel better about the Cine/Booth picks than I do on any of
the defenders we’ve drafted since Kendricks.

If our Edge Rushers stay healthy, we could surprise a lot of
people.

Uncommon opinion:  I
think our defense could be outperforming the offense for the first half of the
season.  While our offense is very
talented, it’s also very young.  Our
coaching staff is very young.  I think
Cousins in general takes a little while to get going.  Our defense on the other hand is much more
veteran both in players and coaches.  I
think there’s a very real chance that our defense hits the ground running
(before injuries take their toll but hopefully not) while our offense needs to
build up steam over the first half of the season.
Unfortunately, I think you're probably right. Offense has a lot of moving parts that have to get in sync before we see what it's capable of. Considering this, I hope KOC has the starters play a little more in the preseason.