Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaching old dogs new tricks

Worrisome. It might be mid-season before this offense is running at full efficiency. Not that they can't be a damn good offense before then, but I would imagine mistakes will be made. 

Yup - HUGE transition...

GB probably thinking they're on the road @ USB at the right time lol! 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Worrisome. It might be mid-season before this offense is running at full efficiency. Not that they can't be a damn good offense before then, but I would imagine mistakes will be made. 
Yep, sure will!

Schedule looks to be in our favor (for once) early to allow some growing pains and then build towards the harder end of season.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Yup - HUGE transition...

GB probably thinking they're on the road @ USB at the right time lol! 
But then we have all the time to work out a lot of new player/scheme/coaching kinks for the at GB game.  

These are big changes: 4-3 to a 3-4 and a brand new offense. Its why I'm saying that playing a team as good as Green Bay with a strong vet like Rodgers right out of the gate might not be pretty as the first game. Could be a very inauspicious debut. The team could be a very different one in Game 10 compared to Game 1. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
These are big changes: 4-3 to a 3-4 and a brand new offense. Its why I'm saying that playing a team as good as Green Bay with a strong vet like Rodgers right out of the gate might not be pretty as the first game. Could be a very inauspicious debut. The team could be a very different one in Game 10 compared to Game 1. 
Yes, you would think and I expect Smile

Still plenty of time but yeah, huge change is hard for anyone, let alone everything we’ve ever heard and seen from Kirk Cousins.

I think this offense is gonna hum and do some big things under KOC, just not sure how quickly that’s gonna happen or—being honest— if Kirk is the guy who’s gonna do it. Truly believe the future is bright but how far away that future is, I don’t know. 

This is why I didn't get the criticism that the Vikings were "running it back" this year.  Particularly on defense with a scheme change and 6-7 or so new starters (Watts, Phillips, Za'Darius, Hicks, Sullivan, Bynum/Cine and a de-doghoused Dantzler).  

I'd rather have Theilen and especially Jefferson swimming now than get to Week 1 vs GB thinking, "New year, same sh!t".