Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Carr contract extension

Carr may not be perfect, but he's WAY better than the unknown. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Carr may not be perfect, but he's WAY better than the unknown. 
Kinda sounds like a guy we all know around these forums here.

Kirk's extension actually sounds better now.

• Current ContractKirk Cousins signed a 1 year, $35,000,000 contract with the Minnesota Vikings, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $35,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $35,000,000. In 2022, Cousins will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, a signing bonus of $25,000,000 and a roster bonus of $10,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $31,416,668 and a dead cap value of $80,166,668.

Quote:Derek Carr signed a 3 year, $121,500,000 contract with the Las Vegas Raiders, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $65,277,519 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $40,500,000. In 2022, Carr will earn a base salary of $17,377,519, a signing bonus of $7,500,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $19,352,519 and a dead cap value of $24,877,519.

Carr said it also meant a lot for him to structure the contract so the team could keep key components around him for a long time while building “a championship team.”

“We made sure guys like Chandler (Jones), guys like Davante (Adams), guys like hopefully Hunter (Renfrow), and Foster (Moreau) and those guys can stay here,” said Carr, the longest-tenured quarterback in the AFC. “I went through a heartbreak already the last time I signed my contract, my best friend (Khalil Mack) left. And I didn’t want that to ever happen again.
“This was an opportunity for me to prove to the team, to the organization, to our fans, that the way we’re gonna structure this is so we can keep everyone together and really have real continuity, really have something to build on.”
An eight-year veteran, Carr, 31, was entering the final year of his deal, worth nearly $19.8 million in base salary. That contract was for five years at $125 million, the richest in the NFL at the time he signed it in 2017.
He said he told his agent he was willing to play out his contract if it wasn’t extended.
“At the end of the day I want to be a Raider and I am crazy enough to go out there on one year, especially with the guys that’ll be around me. I said I’ll take that chance,” he said. “Thankfully, it’ll be four more. Hopefully, we can build on that and I can finish and just do what I set out to do nine years ago, and that is to win a championship.”
The new deal puts him more in line with what veteran starting quarterbacks make throughout the league.

Raiders are getting kind of top-heavy with payroll. Wonder if Waller is left without a seat at the table... Trade coming soon maybe? Carr didn't mention him in that quote. Hmm

Mahommes
Herbert
Wilson

.........then Carr.

That division is absolutely stacked.