Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So listening to Luke Braun....
Overwhelmingly, these guys don't know shit. But most of the podcast listeners of these guys want so desperately to believe they are insiders that they swallow everything whole. Having said that, this rumor has some logic to it. Who knows for sure but they did get some offers for Cousins apparently. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Overwhelmingly, these guys don't know shit. But most of the podcast listeners of these guys want so desperately to believe they are insiders that they swallow everything whole. Having said that, this rumor has some logic to it. Who knows for sure but they did get some offers for Cousins apparently. 
Truth. We'll probably never know the full details of the offers the Vikings received. What might be more important is whether or not the Vikings took phone calls or made phone calls. From everything we've heard it sounds like these were unsolicited offers. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
2 seconds + Baker (I’m assuming he’s included), it’s close. I think I’d do it but I can see the hesitation also. If the 2023 2nd could become a 1st based on playing time I’d do it. Based on the Hunter stuff, the lack of FAs, and everything else going on it’s getting harder by the day to believe we can contend in 2022. And in that case you may as well do the deal. Vikings need some good news and/or training camp to get here. Training camp is when I always start drinking the Kool-aid annually, ha. 

I know the offseason is far from over, but right now none of the moves we've made so far makes us a better team then we were last season. When you talk about contending next season, let's look at this with an unbiased gaze. We are clearly behind the following teams in the conference; Packers, Rams, Bucs, 49ers, and you could make an argument for the Cardinals, Eagles, and maybe Dallas. So even at our best with this roster we are probably fighting for a wild card spot and would be considered a fringe playoff contender for next season. So what do they do next offseason with Cousins going into the last year of his deal with a no trade clause and 40 million dollars due to him? Extend him again, try to trade him to a team of his preference, or let him playout the last year and walk? It's why I think the best time to move him would have been now because even the upside of keeping him probably doesn't amount to much. 
As of now, the biggest positive move happened when they finally got rid of Breeland last year. There's at least two more wins right there!