Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensatory picks awarded..

so we have a roster that is....well less than average,  and apparently its not because the guys we are drafting are leaving for greener pastures,  so what is that saying about Ricks "a" graded drafts over the last 5 years?

I have to wonder,  would he have taken Jefferson if he had been give the option of the couple drafted ahead of JJ?  he gets credit for JJ, but wasnt he kind of the last one in a long string of WR that draft?  (honestly asking,  not throwing dirt on the grave)  because his previous WR attempts were kinda head scratchy in their outcomes.

I really wish they would get rid of comp picks, not sure why a team should be rewarded for not signing their own players.  Rams win the Super Bowl and get 5 comp picks, including a 3rd and 4th.  And the draft is suppose to help the weaker teams get better?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
so we have a roster that is....well less than average,  and apparently its not because the guys we are drafting are leaving for greener pastures,  so what is that saying about Ricks "a" graded drafts over the last 5 years?

I have to wonder,  would he have taken Jefferson if he had been give the option of the couple drafted ahead of JJ?  he gets credit for JJ, but wasnt he kind of the last one in a long string of WR that draft?  (honestly asking,  not throwing dirt on the grave)  because his previous WR attempts were kinda head scratchy in their outcomes.
A lot of questionable ones. 2020 seems to be a solid class for us. 2021 we have no idea considering we had a coach that didnt want to play anyone…but I like what I see with Darrisaw and Bynum

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I really wish they would get rid of comp picks, not sure why a team should be rewarded for not signing their own players.  Rams win the Super Bowl and get 5 comp picks, including a 3rd and 4th.  And the draft is suppose to help the weaker teams get better?
Yup. Add a round 8 if you want more kids drafted. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
the comp picks are supposed to help the good drafting teams keep their players or their advantage in the age of the cap and free agency which keeps players on the move,   which they should imo.

let me Guess....our friends in Yellow got four 3rd rounders...

actually two... (rd. 4 & 7)

But wow...The niners and Rams !!!

[Image: 911b6cjr6fzg.jpeg]