Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladney Found Not Guilty
In retrospect, couldn't the Vikings have put him on some can't play list until this was resolved?  Or would that have just taken a valuable spot on the 53?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
In retrospect, couldn't the Vikings have put him on some can't play list until this was resolved?  Or would that have just taken a valuable spot on the 53?
That's what I was thinking. Releasing him was a bigger mistake than drafting him. 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
I wonder if she cooperated/testified…? 
kind of what I was thinking,  how much cooperation did he have to buy away from the prosecution?  its tragic if it was all untrue,  but i have to think the Vikings have a few folks on retainer that really dig into shit like this before they would part ways with a high draft pick.  I have to guess that they found more than smoke or they would have went the commissioners exempt list route.

He wasn't that great of a player anyway, was he?

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
He wasn't that great of a player anyway, was he?
hard to say based on 1 year in zims system,  quite a few have looked bad their first year under him and then the light comes on.

Sources: Former #Vikings’ 1st-round pick Jeff Gladney is meeting with the #Cardinals tonight in Arizona. Cards really like him and believe the talented CB can play both inside and out. Gladney is still just 25 years old.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Sources: Former #Vikings’ 1st-round pick Jeff Gladney is meeting with the #Cardinals tonight in Arizona. Cards really like him and believe the talented CB can play both inside and out. Gladney is still just 25 years old.
I have a feeling this one will come back to haunt us for years. Just don't know why you release someone before he's even proven to have done anything wrong. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
I have a feeling this one will come back to haunt us for years. Just don't know why you release someone before he's even proven to have done anything wrong. 

More evidence of Wilf meddling perhaps?

He certainly seems like trouble, and I didn't notice him as a very good CB either.  I'd say he's another 1st round bust on and off the field.