Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Squat On Your Spurs
Sources: The #Vikings are hiring #Rams passing game coordinator Wes Phillips as their new OC. After an extensive search, new coach Kevin O’Connell gets his top target in Minnesota.

Game planning will be fun.

OC
QB coach
Asst QB coach
Run game coordinator
Pass game coordinator
HC

That's a lot of Plexiglas

I think for what we pay kirk, we need to let him have some power at the line of scrimmage. I say that as a believer that kirk is a good QB but not great or even very good.

Maybe empowerment gets him over the top idk, but 40 mil in that position? you need to be our best player and help us overcome some deficiencies.

If not for the 3rd invested in Mond last year I would be all for choosing another QB this year. And if Kirk is not xtended im all for being open to targeting a QB in this draft

Sounds good to this untrained fan, lets rock and roll.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
I think for what we pay kirk, we need to let him have some power at the line of scrimmage. I say that as a believer that kirk is a good QB but not great or even very good.

Maybe empowerment gets him over the top idk, but 40 mil in that position? you need to be our best player and help us overcome some deficiencies.

If not for the 3rd invested in Mond last year I would be all for choosing another QB this year. And if Kirk is not xtended im all for being open to targeting a QB in this draft
I have a bit more faith in Kirk, but it's maddeningly been tied up in the knowledge that our former HC and our o-line both basically worked against him and the passing game in general.

I think/hope that having an offensive staff that isn't being told to run Cook straight into the DTs two straight downs each drive will be a massive help, all on its own.  If they give KC more power and more trust in the process, he either lives up to his price tag or gets Mond some game time.

Its amazing to think of the success the Vikings offenses have had during the Zimmer era.

In spite of all the OC's, offensive play calling philosophies, mediocre OL play and some bad defenses too.

Its really a shame they couldn't keep Shurmur around longer. 

Hopefully this new regime can keep quality @ QB in the interim and find that next generation one in the next year or 2.