Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Connell to hire Philips as OC
https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/14...6196701190

Either OC or passing game coordinator.

Might be a couple more from the Rams staff coming as well.

Interesting. Rams are losing a ton of coaches. 

Tell KOC to bring Aaron Donald while he's at it.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Its a tough one for McVay...

His guys are getting promoted and he doesnt want to stand in their way of progress - but. 

Really good hire in my opinion. So far I like the direction he’s going with the staff. I was very happy he’s kept good ones as well. I’d really like to see a good DB’s coach added for our young corners. Townsend would have been great, but I can’t blame the guy for taking a better professional opportunity. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
Really good hire in my opinion. So far I like the direction he’s going with the staff. I was very happy he’s kept good ones as well. I’d really like to see a good DB’s coach added for our young corners. Townsend would have been great, but I can’t blame the guy for taking a better professional opportunity. 
but did he???  its the jags,  about the only way that is a better opportunity is if he gets to be the interim HC in 18 months when they decide to go in a different direction again.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
but did he???  its the jags,  about the only way that is a better opportunity is if he gets to be the interim HC in 18 months when they decide to go in a different direction again.

He got a higher placed job with more responsibility.  Plus he should be able to leapfrog that position in 18 months to something better. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Its a tough one for McVay...

His guys are getting promoted and he doesnt want to stand in their way of progress - but. 
Hey, being good sucks this time of year.  We lost any OC that was good ever other year.

We’ll see how many coaches McVay can lose and still have good teams. I think that’s the key, obviously he’s lost guys in the past and been able to keep on keeping on.