Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have any reservations about Harbaugh...
Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
From 2017-2020 Harbaugh, or at least the team was sleepwalking. Unlike Zimmer, I don't think Harbaugh will have a problem with relating to players. I think he is very stubborn in his approach to the game, and slower to adapt than he was when he was at Stanford or getting his start with the 49er's. Where he'll be different than Zimmer is that he'll be very hands off on game day. 

I don't see where the team is creatively different than what we're used to seeing. Again, who will he attract as his staff? He better not bring Pep Hamilton with him. Fangio might be a hoot. 
I'd feel better about Harbaugh if you UMich guys had anything positive to say about him. (maybe you did & I missed it)

I just don't get the excitement about this guy (and yes, I know what he did at SF and Stanford)

Most of the things I read about Harbaugh for the last few years, has been derogatory/derisive.  
I was under the assumption that before UM's surprising last year, Harbaugh was about to be fired?  

Well whatevs....I hope succeeds and I'll root for him.  

Edit:  My MIL-Chicago Bear lovin-NFL knowledgeable fan just texted me:  "Jim Harbaugh?  LOL.  Really?"  
         Hope she's wrong.  

Yup, a small sample size but the feed-back from them has been either negative or noncommittal. Along with strong rationale for why the feel that way. 

No thanks...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
From 2017-2020 Harbaugh, or at least the team was sleepwalking. Unlike Zimmer, I don't think Harbaugh will have a problem with relating to players. I think he is very stubborn in his approach to the game, and slower to adapt than he was when he was at Stanford or getting his start with the 49er's. Where he'll be different than Zimmer is that he'll be very hands off on game day. 

I don't see where the team is creatively different than what we're used to seeing. Again, who will he attract as his staff? He better not bring Pep Hamilton with him. Fangio might be a hoot. 
I'd feel better about Harbaugh if you UMich guys had anything positive to say about him. (maybe you did & I missed it)

I just don't get the excitement about this guy (and yes, I know what he did at SF and Stanford)

Most of the things I read about Harbaugh for the last few years, has been derogatory/derisive.  
I was under the assumption that before UM's surprising last year, Harbaugh was about to be fired?  

Well whatevs....I hope succeeds and I'll root for him.  

Edit:  My MIL-Chicago Bear lovin-NFL knowledgeable fan just texted me:  "Jim Harbaugh?  LOL.  Really?"  
         Hope she's wrong.  

Yup, a small sample size but the feed-back from them has been either negative or noncommittal. Along with strong rationale for why the feel that way. 

No thanks...

I totally can understand this point of view. I'm fine with a Harbaugh hire, but I won't sit here and say that there isn't another viewpoint on it for sure:

https://twitter.com/AlexMicheletti/statu...5486360581

But having said that, aren't Bruce Arians and Andy Reid retreads? Yes, under this logic they are 'boomers'. Probably not the best logic. But its an emotional thing being a fan.