Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VikeFans Own Pete Bercich Talks Saints at Vikings (9-7-17)
21 minute audio show with Pete talking about:

* were the defensive problems in the last 2 preseason games something to be concerned about?

* What he thinks about Sam Bradford and the short passing game options

* The OLine, as well as why Alex Boone didn't pan out

* What it is like to get cut - Pete, as a coach was the "Turk" under Mike Tice - he explains that

* Should the Vikings focus on Brees or Peterson

Give Pete your suggestions if you think we can make this better.  We always ask for questions, and we WILL ask Pete your questions each week.

Thanks Pete & Tom!

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Thanks Pete & Tom!
Thanks for listening Kentis

Thank you gentlemen!

Really looking forward to being @ USB Monday night. Should be a hell of a game! 

Thanks guys ~ Always enjoy these.

I hope people ask Pete some questions.  If we did not ask what you want to know, it is good to know for the next show

Pete plans to share his post game thoughts with us here too - written.

[Image: Soundbytes_slide.png?fit=630%2C350&ssl=1]
VikeFans Own Pete Bercich Talks Saints at Vikings (9-7-17)
Pete talks about where we should and should not worry about the Viking team performance in the preseason.  He feels good about the defense, and hopeful on the offensive line. Pete tells you his tru…

Read the full story here

Good to hear pete's voice again. Looking forward to more analysis from him!

I'm with Pete on the defense in preseason, he said he is not worried about guys like Rhodes, Smith, Linval and I am not either.  Smith made several poor reads/plays in a couple games that he won't repeat when the games count.  Both 49'ers TD's were his fault and one of the big runs the game prior he gave up a big run.  

Pete more concerned about Waynes/Alex - no mention of the new corner.  Overall not concerned with the defense but did mention needing Barr at 100% and not 90%....interesting.

I have to agree with Pete... I wish the offense gave us something to feel good about this preseason. I honestly have no idea what is going to happen tonight against the Saints... I'm confident our defense is capable of slowing down a talented Saints offense, but I don't have much confidence that our offense can score enough points or sustain enough drives to win this game for us. Usually you can tell what type of offense a team is going to run during the regular season by how they call their plays (even if they are vanilla plays/game plans) during preseason... In my opinion, the Vikings offense looked awfully similar to the second half of 2016 with a pass heavy offense that emphasized getting the ball out quickly.

My question for you, Pete... is this the Vikings offensive identity now? A shotgun offense that has a pass/run split of 60/40? If it is, I think that's a mistake. Honestly, I hope the Vikings go back to being more of a ground & pound team where we emphasize the run early and often with two talented RBs in Dalvin Cook and Latavius Murray. More of a 50/50 run pass split where we establish the run, control the clock, and try to wear down the opponent's defense/pass rush. That type of offensive identity helped us win 11 games in 2015 with another highly accurate QB in Teddy Bridgewater paired with a good defense. I would be curious to hear your thoughts on this in the next segment. Who knows, maybe we'll get some answers in two hours when the Vikings kickoff on Monday night...

As always, that was an enjoyable listen and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Pete.