Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eberflus is the new HC of the Bears
His whole regime will be based on how he grows and evolves Fields. Period. Not a bad place to be. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I hate to say, but I like what the Bears have done so far...

The North is a shambles right now --- someone has to give GB a run for their $$
Same, plus I was a huge advocate for us moving up for Feilds last year.  They have had a much more successful offseason so far then we have...to date...IMO.  To me the Bears are building this the right way with a young franchise QB.  We are stuck with Cousins and $45 million which restricts a lot of other decisions.  Fields will be a cap hit in 2022 of 15 million then 11 million and 2024 - 6 million or 32 million over 3 years to build around.  

I am advocate for getting the best deal for Cousins because I do not think he is our answer.  I like the Browns scenario where we get a young QB in return with upside in Mayfield.  But the deal has to be good for us otherwise we will have to extend the inevitable called Kirk.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I hate to say, but I like what the Bears have done so far...

The North is a shambles right now --- someone has to give GB a run for their $$
Same, plus I was a huge advocate for us moving up for Feilds last year.  They have had a much more successful offseason so far then we have...to date...IMO.  To me the Bears are building this the right way with a young franchise QB.  We are stuck with Cousins and $45 million which restricts a lot of other decisions.  Fields will be a cap hit in 2022 of 15 million then 11 million and 2024 - 6 million or 32 million over 3 years to build around.  

I am advocate for getting the best deal for Cousins because I do not think he is our answer.  I like the Browns scenario where we get a young QB in return with upside in Mayfield.  But the deal has to be good for us otherwise we will have to extend the inevitable called Kirk.  
IMO if KC extends? A little more cap friendly? That's not a bad place for the Vikings to be going into the next 2 seasons. 

Let a new approach and set of eyes find that elusive franchise QB for tomorrow. 

New Bears coach Matt Eberflus is working on bringing Colts defensive coaches Alan Williams, Dave Borgonzi, James Rowe and David Overstreet to Chicago with him, per sources.

Re: Colts, Frank Reich wants to inject new ideas with his DC hire and give that DC latitude to hire staff.

I listened to his press conference. I wasn't impressed. He has a vision for what kind of team the Bears will be, but he didn't say how he was going to accomplish any of it except, the players better bring their track shoes because they are going to run!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
I listened to his press conference. I wasn't impressed. He has a vision for what kind of team the Bears will be, but he didn't say how he was going to accomplish any of it except, the players better bring their track shoes because they are going to run!
Poles press conference was super meh...  reading your notes word for word...  looked like he wasn't prepared at all.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
Poles press conference was super meh...  reading your notes word for word...  looked like he wasn't prepared at all.
Agreed, Poles was not impressive at all.  Definitely glad we got KAM over Poles after watching both of their press conferences.

You could tell between Poles and Eberflus who was more comfortable in front of the media.  Coaches usually always are.  Poles was fine during the Q&A.  Eberflus I thought was excellent throughout.  I like what the Bears have done so far with Poles/Eberflus/GB OC - for Fields.  

Still waiting to see what Kwesi does for HC and then who the HC choses for staff.  So incomplete but dominos should start to fall by the end of this week.