Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Talking
Funny that ever since the Antoine Winfield news, Viking fans are much more in tune with the comings and goings of private jets than fans of other teams. 

Again, happy with the FO direction. Now if the coach is a defensive guy like Ryans, then IMO the odds Cousins gets traded go from roughly 50% to maybe 65%. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Funny that ever since the Antoine Winfield news, Viking fans are much more in tune with the comings and goings of private jets than fans of other teams. 

Again, happy with the FO direction. Now if the coach is a defensive guy like Ryans, then IMO the odds Cousins gets traded go from roughly 50% to maybe 65%. 
???

For good or for bad.  I don't think Cousins is going anywhere. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

???
Just think that while an offensive guy might dream of having a top 10 QB running his offense, a defensive guy might dream of having all that Cousins contract money to spend on his defense. 

Of course, there are arguments on the other side: A D guy might appreciate that the O is all but done, so he won't have to spend much time on it. Also, an O guy might not want to adjust his O to fit the existing QB. He might prefer to pick his own. Just thinking out loud.

@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

???
Just think that while an offensive guy might dream of having a top 10 QB running his offense, a defensive guy might dream of having all that Cousins contract money to spend on his defense. 

Of course, there are arguments on the other side: A D guy might appreciate that the O is all but done, so he won't have to spend much time on it. Also, an O guy might not want to adjust his O to fit the existing QB. He might prefer to pick his own. Just thinking out loud.
I think you have to factor in the analytics side of this as well as the competitive now versus competitive  in the future.  I bet that the Cousins situation specifically came up during the interview process.  Not the final decision, but how would Kwesi go about evaluating the situation and landing in a good spot 1, 2, or 3 years down the road.  How do you get a QB of at least Cousins caliber by trading him?  That's a tough question because we certainly don't want Darnold or Bridgewater to be our answer for any more than a year.  We would have to turn our draft capital into something.  It's always hard to grab a good qb.  The first move I'd make is to restructure Cousins into a contract that works better on the cap while still making him a valuable and tradeable asset.  I think that's quite doable with some upfront money.

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

???

I think you have to factor in the analytics side of this as well as the competitive now versus competitive  in the future.  I bet that the Cousins situation specifically came up during the interview process.  Not the final decision, but how would Kwesi go about evaluating the situation and landing in a good spot 1, 2, or 3 years down the road.  How do you get a QB of at least Cousins caliber by trading him?  That's a tough question because we certainly don't want Darnold or Bridgewater to be our answer for any more than a year.  We would have to turn our draft capital into something.  It's always hard to grab a good qb.  The first move I'd make is to restructure Cousins into a contract that works better on the cap while still making him a valuable and tradeable asset.  I think that's quite doable with some upfront money.

While I have no idea what specific questions are asked, you would hope that they spent a lot of time talking about what Kwesi would do with the offseason and how the team looks going into 2022. After an HC is hired I'll bet we start to hear some rumblings on Cousins and others' contracts right away. Get to work Kwesi!