Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todays mock- torches & pitchforks edition
Top 5 were gone and couldn't move up. So I trade down and I rebuild this bitch from the inside out and draft 2 QBs to compete with Hall for QB 2 and 3. 
[Image: y3qe8zuc02i6.png]

This draft would be the equivalent to a nuclear bomb to the fan base. However this is probably the most likely scenario if they don’t trade up for a QB. In fact I think I mentioned this a couple months ago as the worst case scenario 

Hey, it's possible. Contrary to what some think on this board, moving up isn't a given. Lots of moving parts and this just give anything to move up isn't smart.

I definitely wouldn't hate this Draft if they don't love guys like Penix, Nix, etc. Lots of players in your mock that would help the team for sure. 

By "top 5 were gone," I assume you mean QBs? If that's the case, the Vikings should just take 6. Russell Wilson was the 6th QB taken. Dak Prescott was the 8th.

Guessing it was Penix in this draft? I don't want an ill-fit, nor do I want them to take a guy just to take a guy. But this is a different year. All 6 of these QBs have legit paths to success in the NFL IMO. Penix might be 6th, he's older and injury prone. But he's also the most accurate among all these QBs.

I trade down and take Penix and Byron Murphy. In the 2nd I'd look for Braden Fiske and Payton Wilson. 

This draft ain't it! :p

Former Jets' general manager Mike Tannenbaum did a draft on ESPN yesterday. He had the Cardinals select JJ McCarthy at pick #4. They then traded Kyler Murray and a third round pick to the Vikes for pick #11. He pointed out that Murray is a lot younger and slightly cheaper than Cousins, but did express concern about Murray's durability.

He then had the Vikings picking Jer'Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois at pick #23.

Quote: @NorseFeathers said:
Former Jets' general manager Mike Tannenbaum did a draft on ESPN yesterday. He had the Cardinals select JJ McCarthy at pick #4. They then traded Kyler Murray and a third round pick to the Vikes for pick #11. He pointed out that Murray is a lot younger and slightly cheaper than Cousins, but did express concern about Murray's durability.

This would be great, but the cards would be better off trading down and building the trenches. Murray will be a top QB as long as he’s healthy 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@NorseFeathers said:

This would be great, but the cards would be better off trading down and building the trenches. Murray will be a top QB as long as he’s healthy 

In Tannenbaum's draft, the Cards selected Quinyou Mitchell, CB, Toledo with pick #11. I think both teams did well. The Vikings still have pick #23 and pick up an additional third rounder. It really comes down to what the Vikings' brain trust think of Kyler Murray compared to the collegiate QB's that would be available in the draft and/or do they really love Darnold.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
By "top 5 were gone," I assume you mean QBs? If that's the case, the Vikings should just take 6. Russell Wilson was the 6th QB taken. Dak Prescott was the 8th.

Guessing it was Penix in this draft? I don't want an ill-fit, nor do I want them to take a guy just to take a guy. But this is a different year. All 6 of these QBs have legit paths to success in the NFL IMO. Penix might be 6th, he's older and injury prone. But he's also the most accurate among all these QBs.

I trade down and take Penix and Byron Murphy. In the 2nd I'd look for Braden Fiske and Payton Wilson. 
"Top 5" doesn't really mean anything. Neither does top 3. We don't know how NFL teams have these guys ranked and there are 32 opinions in that realm.

People shouldn't get stuck on these sorts of category errors but rather, figure out who is a guy that is right for the Vikings and can be had at 11 (or later) or for a reasonably priced trade?

For me it's Penix. He's got the most pro-ready game of any QB I looked at this year. He's got some flaws but they all do. For example Caleb Williams plays too much hero ball, and his choice of lipstick shade is questionable. And so on.