Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stay or Go?
Quote: @Knucklehead said:
No mention of Mason Cole? I would like to bring him back as the 6th OL if the price is right.
Good call. He definitely acquitted himself in limited play. Gave up a 6th for him, but who knows how the new regime will value that. Probably not a huge strain on the cap to retain him.

Heardon on the other hand...

Quote: @kmillard said:
The old regime has overpaid for GOOD veteran players for too long. Time to get younger and faster.
younger doesn't always equal faster, but younger players do get hurt less and recover faster so yes I agree, we shpu;d be looking to get younger where we can.

Westbrook?

Meh.

It's impossible to know what the overarching plan will be.  Do we blow it up somewhat to gain more cap room or do we try and make a legitimate playoff run next year?  Of the list, only Peterson is someone I think we need to make a strong effort to keep and that's mostly because we need a lot of CB help.  Conklin would be solid if the price is right.

All I know is this has to be the bitter end of the DJ Dozier era. That dog won’t hunt.

Can we say that Barr will stay and then go since it's likely he'll sign a voiding minimum deal to decrease his dead money by $4.95M in 2022? 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Can we say that Barr will stay and then go since it's likely he'll sign a voiding minimum deal to decrease his dead money by $4.95M in 2022? 
I'm not sure what you mean by a voiding minimum deal.  Doesn't your proposal take $4.95M out of his pocket?

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
I think Willekes is going to be really good. He gets a little too reliant on power moves. He's shown some ability to dip and bend. He's got the strength for push pull. Very excited to see what he could do with more reps.
I remember being surprised Willekes was still on the board in the 7th round. He had a very good Senior Bowl week. Super short arms and none of the athletic traits you look for in an NFL DE prospect, but he's relentless and seems to win his fair share of battles. 

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/2020/0...nior-bowl/

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
I think Willekes is going to be really good. He gets a little too reliant on power moves. He's shown some ability to dip and bend. He's got the strength for push pull. Very excited to see what he could do with more reps.
I remember being surprised Willekes was still on the board in the 7th round. He had a very good Senior Bowl week. Super short arms and none of the athletic traits you look for in an NFL DE prospect, but he's relentless and seems to win his fair share of battles. 

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/2020/0...nior-bowl/
He's exactly what you want as DE depth. He's the last guy a tired OT wants to go against in the 4th quarter. I don't foresee him being a starter but you can make a nice career being a #4/#5 guy in a rotation. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Any thoughts on GM coach?