Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penix runs 4.46
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
2 ACL tears is a concern. Yes he is healthy now but it is something to think about 
I read that it was the same ACL,  I have to wonder if there was an issue with the previous repair,  or maybe he pushed it to soon to get back and it wasnt ready for the level of rehab he was trying?  2 ACLs isnt uncommon IMO, thought typically its not the same one in that short of time frame unless there were other factors.  I dont really know,  Im pretty much just speculating,  but he cleared all the medicals and has played injury free for 2 years... could be nothing,  could be the next Sam Bradford.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I'm at the point where if we can move up for Maye or McCarthy without trading away the farm, great. Otherwise I'm using picks #11 or #23 to target Penix. I just don't think there is any way we can trade away next year's 1st round pick under any circumstances unless we want to be next years Carolina Panthers and gift some other team a top pick. 
I think I'm coming around to this. Keep next year's #1. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
Penix or Nix being “the guy” we booted Kirk for will be a bigger letdown than the GOT finale. 
I hope it doesn’t happen, but I’m 100% ready for the soul crushing disappointment. 
Nix’s ceiling is Aaron Rodgers or a more athletic Drew Brees. Can he get there? I don’t know, but his talent is just ridiculous. 
The guy threw for 85% completion rate if you take out throw aways and drops. There are NFL QB’s who don’t hit that percent on dump offs. The guy faced cover 8’s and deep shells all the time and had to take what was given, but still was elite down field. He put up ridiculous numbers even with being pulled early from games. They had 9 games of pitch and catch to run out the clock because they had monster leads. If he had faced more competitive games, the numbers would have been stupid. 
We’ll be blessed to get that level of talent. He very well may end up the best of this bunch. It’s funny how guys like him, Mahomes, Rodgers and the like drop from the top 5 despite elite game tape. 
Guy averaged 6.7 yards per attempt. His accuracy is a myth.