Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we played a real NFL team tonight we lose
Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
There is nothing mystical about a place that you play football. We haven’t struggled to win in Chicago for years so much as our team hasn’t been able to put a good enough effort or been assembled well enough to win there. If our ghys show up and get the hee ie jeebies and don’t play well because of what building they are in…. What are they doing playing in the NFL. Ok don’t get me wrong I get it that there can be an intimidation factor. But the much larger possibility is that our coaching staff and our front office hasn’t been able to get it done. I don’t put any real mystique into buildings as far as sports go. It is harder to win on the road. But hou had better be able to do it with some degree of efficiency if you want to be a succesful organization. And for me the ghosts of soldier field don’t offer an excuse.
LOL

Ask Favre and Ditka about playing in Minnesota.  Why do fans go to the home games if there there is nothing to home field advantage?  Soldier field is a dump, the field is always slow, the grass long and wet.  Playing sports, there are mystiques, mental blocks of sorts.  Anyone that played sports knows that.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
There is nothing mystical about a place that you play football. We haven’t struggled to win in Chicago for years so much as our team hasn’t been able to put a good enough effort or been assembled well enough to win there. If our ghys show up and get the hee ie jeebies and don’t play well because of what building they are in…. What are they doing playing in the NFL. Ok don’t get me wrong I get it that there can be an intimidation factor. But the much larger possibility is that our coaching staff and our front office hasn’t been able to get it done. I don’t put any real mystique into buildings as far as sports go. It is harder to win on the road. But hou had better be able to do it with some degree of efficiency if you want to be a succesful organization. And for me the ghosts of soldier field don’t offer an excuse.
LOL

Ask Favre and Ditka about playing in Minnesota.  Why do fans go to the home games if there there is nothing to home field advantage?  Soldier field is a dump, the field is always slow, the grass long and wet.  Playing sports, there are mystiques, mental blocks of sorts.  Anyone that played sports knows that.
please read what people actually write, and then respond to that. Not to things that you want to argue about. I said that home field advantage counts, but there is no inherent mystique that a building gives. For example (as I stated earlier) theee is a generally accepted 3 point advantage given to the home team. But there gernerally isn’t extra points given to teams that in certain buildings. Niw an individual may not play well somewhere. That is possible. But I do not believe in mystical properties of buildings being the cause of it. Fans being extra rowdy? Sure. But play can dictate that level. 

Nothing shuts up an opposing stadium crowd like a good OL. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
LOL

please read what people actually write, and then respond to that. Not to things that you want to argue about. I said that home field advantage counts, but there is no inherent mystique that a building gives. For example (as I stated earlier) theee is a generally accepted 3 point advantage given to the home team. But there gernerally isn’t extra points given to teams that in certain buildings. Niw an individual may not play well somewhere. That is possible. But I do not believe in mystical properties of buildings being the cause of it. Fans being extra rowdy? Sure. But play can dictate that level. 
I did read what you wrote, I just happen to disagree. Maybe it isn't mystical, but something more than home field advantage.