Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insult to injury...
The Lions, 2-11-1, won for the second time in three weeks after starting the season 0-10-1. They no longer have control of the No. 1 pick in next spring’s draft. The Jacksonville Jaguars, who fell 30-16 Sunday to the Houston Texans, will end the week with the worst record in the NFL.

[Image: p1hesn8nano8.gif]

Draft position is so overrated. Jacksonville picked first last year and they'll probably pick first this year. Scott Hansen on the Redzone Channel kept talking about it yesterday and I'm thinking what a crock of overrated hype draft position is. What you do with it is all that matters, nothing is guaranteed. It really depends on each year's class: one year a guy like John Elway, Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck is available at #1 and others its Baker Mayfield and Trevor Lawrence. Trust me, Detroit is overjoyed winning games against Minnesota and now Arizona: they are building TOWARD something. They've actually been fairly competitive all year. They'd much prefer to keep winning and maintaining momentum into next season than getting the #1 draft selection. Its not like they won't have a chance at a good player at #3 or #4. Fans get off so hard on the Draft and its a ton of hype.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Draft position is so overrated. Jacksonville picked first last year and they'll probably pick first this year. Scott Hansen on the Redzone Channel kept talking about it yesterday and I'm thinking what a crock of overrated hype draft position is. What you do with it is all that matters, nothing is guaranteed. It really depends on each year's class: one year a guy like John Elway, Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck is available at #1 and others its Baker Mayfield and Trevor Lawrence. Trust me, Detroit is overjoyed winning games against Minnesota and now Arizona: they are building TOWARD something. They've actually been fairly competitive all year. They'd much prefer to keep winning and maintaining momentum into next season than getting the #1 draft selection. Its not like they won't have a chance at a good player at #3 or #4. Fans get off so hard on the Draft and its a ton of hype.
A lot of the draft picks are based on team needs...Some teams look for QBs while others lean toward defense needs.  The players will fall as teams pick because of this.  It's basically like everyone says, it's a crap shoot with no players guaranteed to turn a team around.