Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gronklin About To Get Paid
With 49 catches in 13 games, #Vikings TE Tyler Conklin is on pace to finish with 64 receptions. He would become just the fifth different TE in team history with a 60-catch season, joining Kyle Rudolph and Jermaine Wiggins, who both did it twice, Steve Jordan and Joe Senser.

Conklin has been very serviceable this year which has been a nice surprise. It'll be interesting to see how the Vikes approach his Free Agency as well as what they do with Irv

Every time Gronklin gets an open look, my immediate thought is "Irv is probably still running"...

IDK.  I think Conklin
has to be in the lead for TE1 on this team in 2022. 
I don’t think I’d pay him a ton, but he’s shown the capability of being TE1,
whereas Irv Smith Jr has kind of gotten lost in the wash.  Neither him nor Irv Smith Jr really stands
out to me as a game changer.  They’re
just both functional TEs and Irv Smith Jr is out for the season, so I struggle
to pen him in as the one guy we’re going to count on in 2022.

have to give your 2nd rounder with promise another chance.   I dont see how we can pay Conklin, he is a TE1 now. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
have to give your 2nd rounder with promise another chance.   I dont see how we can pay Conklin, he is a TE1 now. 
He's "a" TE1, just not "our" TE1. So yeah, he's very likely gone. Almost no chance they pay him TE1 money with ISJ on the roster. 

Not a bad 2018 5th round pick 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Not a bad 2018 5th round pick 
Vikings have done well on day three the last three years. Fast Kenny, Bynum, Wonnum, Watts, Osborn, Brandel, Udoh, Hand, Conklin and, um, Carlson...

Let's normalize calling Kene...Wu

[Image: zsnalkyb53td.gif]