Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
run run pass
fml

the “kick ass offense” has returned

When Dalvin is going off like he was last night...  do fans want us to pass more than we run?  I'm certainly glad we didn't...  Cousins was missing throws most of the game...  Cook was the one carrying the entire offense.

There are very good reasons why you run the ball.

Time of possession, chew the clock, wear down opposition D, while resting our own Defense.  I understand the “quick strike” mentality, but there is NOTHING more demoralizing to a team than not being able to stop the run.

Adjusting to the opponents is key. Some games you run more and others you pass more. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:

Time of possession, chew the clock, wear down opposition D, while resting our own Defense.  I understand the “quick strike” mentality, but there is NOTHING more demoralizing to a team than not being able to stop the run.
Agree. And I'd add one more thing. With a back like Dalvin, the running game can be "quick strike" too.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:

Little more demoralizing to a defense than when your offense goes 3 and out because they become predictable.   A good passing game doesn't have to be quick strike,  you can mix short safe passes in to keep the D honest and the chains moving on first and second downs.   The notion that we have to run to chew clock is archaic at best.  When the defense loads the box and you have JJ drawing single coverage  the smartest play is to go his way. Regardless, historically with Kirk, 2 out of 3 times it will likely be completed and often for more yards than slamming DC into the pile again and again.

On our last drive, we ran the ball twice, both by Matteson with Cook on the sidelines, then get a 3rd and long, and we punt......if we get that first down, Steelers don't have an opportunity to score. If we were going to run, run there, at least let it be with Cook's hot hand. Instead, we try to get cute, fail, and end up in the fight ofour lives to win.

Our offense becomes stale and predictible as the game goes on. So does our defense. Through the first 3 quarters, I didn't think Big Ben would finish this game. We were blitzing and making the pocket miserable. Then we pull into a prevent shell and the game was on.

29-0 lead a lot of team keep pouring it on.....not Zimmer, he lets the other team have a chance. One big reason this team under Zim will never get a trophy.