Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTG Dalvin

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
Dalvin Cook joined Adrian Peterson as only player in #Vikings history with multiple 200-yard games. Cook had 206 yards last year vs Lions & 205 last night. Peterson had six 200-yard games, tied with O.J. Simpson for NFL record. Chuck Foreman has Vikings only other 200-yard game.

Maybe we should dislocate his other shoulder.

I am thinking that he needs more rest,  he looked so much better last night than he had been.  he had more burst, his cuts were sharper, everything about his game looked worlds better last night than he had been looking.

IMO he wears down to much and that leads to these injuries that he seems to get at least once or twice a season.  maybe a snap count,  or a heavier rotation with another back would extend his career as well as make him more potent when he is in there.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I am thinking that he needs more rest,  he looked so much better last night than he had been.  he had more burst, his cuts were sharper, everything about his game looked worlds better last night than he had been looking.

IMO he wears down to much and that leads to these injuries that he seems to get at least once or twice a season.  maybe a snap count,  or a heavier rotation with another back would extend his career as well as make him more potent when he is in there.
Looked like the same old Dalvin to me. The difference was he had truck-sized holes to run through and Pittsburgh was clueless on what we were doing in the run game.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

They run him a lot and even though they have a good backup in Mattison, he gets a few carries a game, when he maybe should have 10-15 touches a game. Davlin tends to hit a point at the end of the game where either he's tired and prone to making mistakes and/or setup to fail by the defense knowing Zimmer is going to have him run up the middle 2-3 times to try and run down the clock regardless of how stacked the D is against the run. I wish they would be more open to passing to get first downs or at least mixing in some outside runs late, so teams can't sit on the run so much.