Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooooo, Oli is playing LT tomorrow?
Great. Giving Udoh a chance to experience holding for the the left side too.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Great. Giving Udoh a chance to experience holding for the the left side too.
Ha! Yeah, there's that. But I sorta expect him to play a little better at LT. He's actually better suited to tackle than guard, given his ridiculously long arms. 

Plus, considering Hill's in a contract year, this could be Udoh's debut as our '22 swing tackle, our new Hill. 

offensive line is a hot mess and not because of injuries. 
For starters we need a new offensive line coach to go along with other coaching changes.

Whats Hills deal? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
How about mr Ohio state?
So Davis slid in the Draft big time after most draftniks had him a 1st round OG months before. Not sure what happened. Maybe a story there. 

He was considered a potential 1st rounder early in the draft process (December, January). But by the time the draft rolled around, general consensus had him about where he went in the 3rd round. 

Still don't know the reason for the slide (I've heard playing shape and weight cited as one possibility), but I'm guessing whatever it is, it's related to why he hasn't played. 
He had a knee injury for the last 5 games of his final season at OSU and was shown in crutches after halftime of the National Championship game and his stock fell.  His knee did not require any surgery according to what I had read.  Lately he has been on our injury report with an "ankle".  

Today he is active probably in an emergency but maybe if Ollie Ollie let's them income freeSmile

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
How about mr Ohio state?
So Davis slid in the Draft big time after most draftniks had him a 1st round OG months before. Not sure what happened. Maybe a story there. 

He was considered a potential 1st rounder early in the draft process (December, January). But by the time the draft rolled around, general consensus had him about where he went in the 3rd round. 

Still don't know the reason for the slide (I've heard playing shape and weight cited as one possibility), but I'm guessing whatever it is, it's related to why he hasn't played. 
He had a knee injury for the last 5 games of his final season at OSU and was shown in crutches after halftime of the National Championship game and his stock fell.  His knee did not require any surgery according to what I had read.  Lately he has been on our injury report with an "ankle".  

Today he is active probably in an emergency but maybe if Ollie Ollie let's them income freeSmile
I knew about the knee, but typically a knee that doesn't require surgery and should be fine by training camps is not something that will drop a player that far. I think there was something else. Just a hunch. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
How about mr Ohio state?

Frankly, with this coaching staff, I think it could be anything.  He could have been late to a meeting, he could have parked in the wrong parking spot, maybe he was out of tune singing his college's fight song.  Why some players are starters and some are bench riders is a bit of a mystery.

Vikings will start on the O-Line: Udoh-Cleveland-Bradbury-Cole-O'Neill.

“ensign”!

”yes, Captain Smith?”

”I want those deck chairs over there......now THERE...”

”aye - aye Captain”

“Uh Captain?”

”yes ensign?”

”what’s that thing Starboard - Aft?”