Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins closing in on Marino record

I am absolutely positive that if he gets it, the same people that claim he's "all about stats" will see this as absolute proof.

Meanwhile, I say extend him, which would also lessen his infamous current cap hit.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
I am absolutely positive that if he gets it, the same people that claim he's "all about stats" will see this as absolute proof.

Meanwhile, I say extend him, which would also lessen his infamous current cap hit.
QBs on Cousins level are so incredibly hard to find. Yes, extend him, drop his cap hit and continue to develop the line in front of him. This is a far more likely road to a championship than any kind of draft-a-QB-and-pray scenario. 

And keep drafting QB's....Even @ #1 pick if warranted. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
And keep drafting QB's....Even @ #1 pick if warranted. 
Of course if you have glaring holes at other positions,   what good is it to have a high dollar QB and a high pick QB in waiting?  Of you want a high round QB of the future,  you pretty much have to get your veteran placeholder to play for a decent deal.

Cousins started 57 regular-season games in Washington. He went 26-30-1. He has started 57 regular-season games for the Vikings. He is 30-26-1. Add them up and he's 56-56-2.
He's also the third-most accurate passer in NFL history (67.1%), ranking just below Drew Brees (67.7%). 
Cousins' 25 games with at least 300 yards and three touchdowns passing is the second-most by a player in his first 10 seasons, ranking two short of Dan Marino. 
He heads to San Francisco as the sixth player in NFL history to string together seven road games with two touchdown passes and a passer rating of 100-plus. 
Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are among the other players to do that.
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-odd-...600121361/

Cousins will never be properly appreciated in Minnesota. The media branded him with a certain narrative and he'll never shake it with Joe Fan.