Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Smith over the hill?
Watching him destroy two packers on this sack sez no

https://twitter.com/NickOlsonNFL/status/...1266092034

I think he actually is a bit. He got thru the tackle because that's the play his ACL blew up and he started crumpling before he could truly engage him. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think he actually is a bit. He got thru the tackle because that's the play his ACL blew up and he started crumpling before he could truly engage him. 
I was trying to figure that out.  Was he going down because of the ACL or did HS hit him while his foot was moving, causing the stumble and ACL?

I think HS drove into him as his foot was moving, causing the stumble and ACL.  

Smith definitely brought it on that play.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I was trying to figure that out.  Was he going down because of the ACL or did HS hit him while his foot was moving, causing the stumble and ACL?
Good question, I think his ACL blew a nanosecond before Smith actually touched him. He was placing that plant foot and the knee just blew.

Smith knocked a 300lb left tackle off his anchor,  and he  lands with enough inertia  that it pops his acl. ...

Damn. 

Are the packets down to their 3rd LT?

There's a # of older players on D they're going to have to make some decisions on keeping or not this off-season. I still dont get the Smith extension of that magnitude tbh. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
There's a # of older players on D they're going to have to make some decisions on keeping or not this off-season. I still dont get the Smith extension of that magnitude tbh. 

It is a totally back loaded deal, and they have an out in 2022.  Now I'm not saying I agree with the extension either, but I think it was mostly done in the name of trying to create cap for this year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vi...mith-9839/

Not over the hill, but he won't see the end of his contract. 

I didn't get the extension, I think it is obvious he is not the same player, any safety can look great coming on a blitz, but the key is how they are protecting the secondary and the CBs.  Our CBs have been getting very little safety help the past few years and this was a significant difference in coverage with Bynum.  Use to be one of my favorite Vikes, but he is not the team player I thought he was, missing two game because he put himself above the team.