Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft picks

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/christomasson/status...M1FUfo1e3Q&s=19
I stated the same in the QB thread whybwe should have picked Jones. Spielman has not been good with first round picks plus they have been devalued hence the reason many dont seem to talk about how bad Speilman has been with first round picks since 2004

Not great but who could predict injuries (Hughes) or off field problems (Gladney)?  Of course, it would have been sweet if the two CB's had panned out though...

Quote: @mblack said:
I stated the same in the QB thread whybwe should have picked Jones. Spielman has not been good with first round picks plus they have been devalued hence the reason many dont seem to talk about how bad Speilman has been with first round picks since 2004
Are you still saying we should have picked Mac Jones this year? I hope thats not what youre saying

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@mblack said:
Are you still saying we should have picked Mac Jones this year? I hope thats not what youre saying
Yes and you cant change my mind. Sorry we have to agree to disagree :-)

Quote: @mblack said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@mblack said:
Yes and you cant change my mind. Sorry we have to agree to disagree :-)
It just doesnt make any sense. Kirk has been way better than Mac and there’s zero chance Mac would play this year and probably not at all next year. Why waste our first round pick on a guy that wouldnt play until his third year? Ill gladly agree to disagree but OT was the right decision especially when it’s a pick to benefit the team.

Really jerky tweet by a jerky writer, go look at how other teams have done with their 1st round picks.  Maybe instead of taking a cheap shot at the Vikes he could have posted this - 

Players who contributed in Vikes win today -
Watts - 6th
Udoh - 6th
Conklin - 5th
Osborne - 5th
Wonnum - 4th
Lynch - 4th 
Mattison - 3rd
Dantzler - 3rd
Not to mention Bynum 4th, who starred previous 2 weeks, Hunter 4th and that our rebuilt OL is rooted with two 2nd rounders and our best defensive player is a 2nd rounder

Yeah, all those remarks regarding 1st round picks mean nothing without any context on how other teams fare in that category. Could it have been better? Absolutely. Do we all wish it HAD been better? You betcha. But I won't be throwing RS under the bus as long as I don't know the other teams "success rates".

Quote: @JR44 said:
Really jerky tweet by a jerky writer, go look at how other teams have done with their 1st round picks.  Maybe instead of taking a cheap shot at the Vikes he could have posted this - 

Players who contributed in Vikes win today -
Watts - 6th
Udoh - 6th
Conklin - 5th
Osborne - 5th
Wonnum - 4th
Lynch - 4th 
Mattison - 3rd
Dantzler - 3rd
Not to mention Bynum 4th, who starred previous 2 weeks, Hunter 4th and that our rebuilt OL is rooted with two 2nd rounders and our best defensive player is a 2nd rounder

I wonder if Bynum could play the other safety spot, opposite Harry?

Woods has been decent this year but was terrible yesterday. And with Harry’s extension he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. But Bynum seems like a guy you want to have on the field. Perhaps we’ll see him out there in a few weeks. Hopefully. 

Harry can be cut for just under $2 million (net dead money) after the season, so it's not impossible. While I still don't think that's likely to happen, they might ask him to restructure (i.e. pay cut) with his projected $13.5 mio. cap number...and they will definitely do so after next season the latest when this number goes up to a whopping $17 mio. in 2023.