Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elflein 1st Rookie Center to start an opener for Vikes since 1962 (Tinglehoff)
Pat Elflein is set Monday to become the first Vikings rookie center to start an opener since Mick Tingelhoff in 1962, and the hall of famer will be there to see it.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/06/vik...rting-job/

Elflein’s strong preseason gives Vikings confidence in interior O-lineWhen the Vikings drafted Elflein, they knew he had a reputation for having high football IQ and hoped he would pick up on the offense quickly. They knew he was athletic, strong and quick enough to lead an outside zone scheme and get to the second level with blocks. And those skills showed up quickly during the preseason as he ranked as the NFL’s fifth best center in preseason by Pro Football Focus metrics.
The Vikings also gave Elflein the best possible player to compete against in training camp: Linval Joseph.
“I just know that he’s really, really good,” Elflein said. “Going against him every day is definitely going to get me ready to go against anybody. Linval, it’s a testament to how good he is and the work he’s put in to get where he’s at. Every time I go against him, I take advantage of it and get better. It makes me better.”
Earlier this offseason, defensive line coach Andre Patterson commented on how Joseph’s presence is likely to help the former Ohio State standout adapt quickly.
“I was standing there the other day and I’m like, ‘Hey, this is great for you because you’re going up against one of the best nose guards in the league every single day,” Patterson said. “You’re not going to go up against a guy like him every Sunday. So if you find a way that you can handle him, it’s going to help you when you start playing games for real.’”
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/09/patelflein/

I hope his career mirrors Mick's, I think it can.

If he plays half as long as  Mick, he'll have a very good career...

There is no one like Mick but the stat is  an interesting bit of info.  He has a very very very long ways to go.