Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer stats at presser
Quote: @"Greylock" said:
Sounds like a guy that's fighting for his job
I agree. He’s trying to make his case. And it only makes him look more desperate.

he forgot to mention 18th in points scored and 31st in depth of target (cousins)

Every time I heard a 3rd down stat I want to know how many first downs they gave up on other downs.  How about forced 3 and outs?, or avg yards allowed per drive?  Avg points allowed per opponent possession?  I'm sure these could be misleading as well, but it seems that the more you try and use stats to prove a point,  the more desperate you are.  Kind of like us arguing with packer fans over who's team us historically better,  we can make stat filled arguments,   they just have to point to their trophy case.

He's very defensive now at pressers. He's feeling the heat. Not a good look for Zimmer at all. Beginning of the end, IMO. 

We're just waiting for the bob snelker tirade/meltdown  to finally put this in it's historical prespective.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
3-4....the only stat that matters,  a good coach would be more concerned about that than trying to save face and sell bull shti.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
 he looks and sounds defeated.

Couldn't agree more.  He looks and is acting like a guy on his way out.  I loved me some Zimmer but its in the past tense now. 

Barry Sanders and Matt Stafford had great offensive stats in Detroit.......but the team lost more than they won.

Fact is, the Viings play too conservative after the first score. Let him tell me the stat for how many 3rd down passes were at or beyond the line of gain......that is our biggest failure IMHO.

People like to say, we should have won at the Bengals, if only the refs got the fumble call right. We should have beat the Cards if only the kick would have been good. I say the same thing back......Detroit and Carolna games should have never of been so close. We could easily be 1-6 right now.

We play too many close games. We never put our feet on the throats and finish a team off. 

What are his win/loss stats following a bye?
What are his win/loss stats playng a backup QB with low experience?

As soon as Dak was ruled out, I know we would lose the game.