Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great breakdown on Darrisaw's game
It's the middle section 

And Darrisaw will only get better. He's hardly played NFL football and has little practice behind him. Its VERY encouraging. I mean, this is why he was drafted in round 1 and why Rashod Hill went undrafted. You can see the talent disparity. 

Huge deal: he said he's '100% pain free' from the injury. The right thing was to have the follow up minor surgery done and wait on him a bit. 

https://www.startribune.com/christian-da...600108587/

Vikings clearly gave Darrisaw a fighting chance by keeping Kirk's drops to 3 and 5-steps, but I have to wonder if this wasn't part of the plan this year regardless of who played LT. That ball-out-quick game seems to suit the Vikings well, especially with Osborne emerging as a viable WR3. 

I think Darrisaw is going to get beat more as the team asks him to protect for deeper drops. He's vulnerable to both the outside speed rush and the inside move, as you would expect from a rookie. But one things for certain, no one is going to go through him. And I already feel pretty good about where's he's at in the run game. 

This is great. Not only for the close observation of Darrisaw but to look at the other linemen as well. Watch Bradbury for awhile. Ouch.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Vikings clearly gave Darrisaw a fighting chance by keeping Kirk's drops to 3 and 5-steps, but I have to wonder if this wasn't part of the plan this year regardless of who played LT. That ball-out-quick game seems to suit the Vikings well, especially with Osborne emerging as a viable WR3. 

I think Darrisaw is going to get beat more as the team asks him to protect for deeper drops. He's vulnerable to both the outside speed rush and the inside move, as you would expect from a rookie. But one things for certain, no one is going to go through him. And I already feel pretty good about where's he's at in the run game. 
He's not an elite OT so he's going to get beat with more exposure. But he's the best LT on the team and has upside to be pretty good. Minnesota obviously would have loved Slater and tried to move up for him but no dice. 

Here's another good breakdown of his game from last week. Gotta be excited for his future.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1450614456841478146