Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Identity...
Quote: @"greediron" said:
A defensive team just isn't possible in the current NFL.  The Vikes have looked bad but are a top 10 D this year.
I think you hit it head on here. Offenses are too good...quarterbacks are too accurate...and young receivers are dominating the league far earlier now. Cardinals rank third in defensive points per game, Bengals fifth, and Panthers sixth. In those games the Vikes scored 24, 33, and 34...I think our offense is the identity and then can the defense get to top 10 in points against (currently 14th)? Tough four games coming up, just try to split

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"greediron" said:
A defensive team just isn't possible in the current NFL.  The Vikes have looked bad but are a top 10 D this year.
I think you hit it head on here. Offenses are too good...quarterbacks are too accurate...and young receivers are dominating the league far earlier now. Cardinals rank third in defensive points per game, Bengals fifth, and Panthers sixth. In those games the Vikes scored 24, 33, and 34...I think our offense is the identity and then can the defense get to top 10 in points against (currently 14th)? Tough four games coming up, just try to split
Well part of it is because the rules keep changing to help the offense, so it is geared towards the D doing their best to limit the damage.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Agreed. And knowing this, does it make sense to have a defensive-minded head coach? Looking around at the best teams in the league, it seems the answer is a loud “no”.