Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions @ Vikings Predictions
What I like:
I can’t find a single matchup where the Lions win. Maybe Hockenson against our safeties? Meh. Swift and Williams are good backs, but this is not Chubb and Hunt. They have a couple of good edge rushers in Julian Okwara and Trey Flowers, who promise to give Hill fits, but this is not Garrett and Clowney. They have 0 sacks between them. What’s more, their best pass rusher, Romeo Okwara is out. They have a good safety in Walker, but on the other side, Will Harris might be the worst safety in the NFL. With Okudah out, they have a league average corner on one side in Oruwariye and a couple of chunks of burnt dogshit on the other in Jacobs and/or Price. Their guards are good, but the keys (LT, C and RT) are out, without much to replace them. With Anthony Barr making his return, Vikings will likely cause a lot of confusion for that inexperienced front five. 
What I don’t like:
We’ve lost games like this before. At home, with every matchup favoring us, in a must-win game, Vikings have, on more than one occasion, stepped on their dick. 
That won’t happen this time. Vikings vent. 

Vikings 34 Lions 14

Yeah, what he said up there! ^ B)
SKOL!

I can't see a way we'd drop this game at home......similar feeling I had when Buffalo kicked us a couple years ago.

If Detroit comes and hands us a loss, I believe Zimmer will be gone Monday am.

Detroit is bad on offense and bad on defense. I'd like to think that after last weekend the crew is fired up and everyone knows this is a must win. I think a double digit win as well

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Detroit is bad on offense and bad on defense. I'd like to think that after last weekend the crew is fired up and everyone knows this is a must win. I think a double digit win as well
Week 5...a must win,  how fucking pathetic does that sound?

Vikings should win this game at home 70% of the time. Divisional game, might be closer than fans want it to be. 

I still have hope this is more than a mediocre team.

Next two will tell me more. If they win @ home then lay a turd on the road? I'll be more convinced its a middling .500 type team. 

@purplefaithful morphs into @purpleapathetic at that point. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
What I like:
I can’t find a single matchup where the Lions win. Maybe Hockenson against our safeties? Meh. Swift and Williams are good backs, but this is not Chubb and Hunt. They have a couple of good edge rushers in Julian Okwara and Trey Flowers, who promise to give Hill fits, but this is not Garrett and Clowney. They have 0 sacks between them. What’s more, their best pass rusher, Romeo Okwara is out. They have a good safety in Walker, but on the other side, Will Harris might be the worst safety in the NFL. With Okudah out, they have a league average corner on one side in Oruwariye and a couple of chunks of burnt dogshit on the other in Jacobs and/or Price. Their guards are good, but the keys (LT, C and RT) are out, without much to replace them. With Anthony Barr making his return, Vikings will likely cause a lot of confusion for that inexperienced front five. 
What I don’t like:
We’ve lost games like this before. At home, with every matchup favoring us, in a must-win game, Vikings have, on more than one occasion, stepped on their dick. 
That won’t happen this time. Vikings vent. 

Vikings 34 Lions 14
Agreed this is a vent game.  Vikings are a good team and Detroit is not. 

To me this will be interesting to see if they come in with the Seattle game plan, which they should, or if Zim has running game envy from his old pupil last week.

I’m hoping for the former.  Either way i expect it to be a little closer than it should be.  

Vikes  27 Lions 20. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Week 5...a must win,  how fucking pathetic does that sound?
I know, right? We knew the schedule was tough but I really thought we would be at worst 2-2. After the way Iowa beat Penn St last night I feel as if all of my football goodluck has been used up for the weekend. Hope that isnt the case...

31-27 MIN