Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster moves

Can someone please explain to me what they see in Dozier???? I mean to elevate him to the 53 let alone let the guy have a practice squad spot??? I just want to puke.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Can someone please explain to me what they see in Dozier???? I mean to elevate him to the 53 let alone let the guy have a practice squad spot??? I just want to puke.
I think it's good he's on the practice squad. While Dozier should never be a starter again, there's some security in having a guy with his experience on the team in case of injury. That said, I'm worried that this could mean one of the guards now has some sort of injury concern. 

I don't think it has anything to do with injuries. I guess they will play this kind of musical chair all season long. As soon as they have elevtaed a guy twice (first Mannion, then Abdullah), they will waive a backup and sign him to the PS the following week after "promoting" another guy from the PS to the active roster. When that guy has been promoted twice, he'll be signed to the roster and another one goes to the PS via release...and so on and so on...

Or - in case of injury to ST-guys (see Harrison Hand) - they promote different guys: last week ist was Dorn, this week it's Nickerson.

Quote: @prairieghost said:

I will do my best to try and explain it. With our coach it's more like who you know rather than how good you are, you know, like the rest of the world does it.

Quote: @FLVike said:
@prairieghost said:

I will do my best to try and explain it. With our coach it's more like who you know rather than how good you are, you know, like the rest of the world does it.
I dobt know if that is a fair assessment,   if that were truly the case Zimmer's son would be..... uh nevermind  :p

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
I think it's good he's on the practice squad. While Dozier should never be a starter again, there's some security in having a guy with his experience on the team in case of injury. That said, I'm worried that this could mean one of the guards now has some sort of injury concern. 
The security of knowing if you put that guy in the field he'll be an epic fail?

He's on the team because  he's Rico's pet.