Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: GoT I miss this show...
Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:

@purplefaithful said:

So is this not going to have real actors? Meaning not a computer animated show? Im thinking something like the movie Beowulf?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11198330/

Yah gotta have actors with names like Rhys Ifans in the prequel to GoT

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@NorthernCalVike said:

@purplefaithful said:

So is this not going to have real actors? Meaning not a computer animated show? Im thinking something like the movie Beowulf?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11198330/

Yah gotta have actors with names like Rhys Ifans in the prequel to GoT
Ok - Just was trippin' on the trailer being CGI

GOT was one of the best things I've seen. But that digital prequel thing is not something I could watch. 

One of my top 3 shows of all time, along with Breaking Bad and then whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. But as others have mentioned, that final season was a dud thanks to a rushed storyline and production. They easily could have stretched it out another couple seasons, but no...the head guys thought they had a deal with Star Wars and that ended up falling through. Now they have nothing except people pissed with how the last season went.

I really love the story and read the books just before watching the shows.  The shows actually follow along with the books fairly well, but of course, not exactly.  The books end just before the "Battle of the Bastards", so the HBO writers pretty much had to start making up their own story lines without anymore George Martin books as guidelines (although I did hear GM helped them some).  That's where I started having problems with the show.  It was still entertaining, but I just felt the characters started straying away from their earlier personalities.  One example was I really felt Tyrion starting getting weak and timid and not his usual bold, smart ass self.
I enjoyed the final two seasons, but I wished George Martin would've finished the stories himself so we'd know "what really happened".
Really great epic story though.  Right up there with LOTR for me.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
GOT was one of the best things I've seen. But that digital prequel thing is not something I could watch. 
Trust me when I say LOTR is right up there with GoT....

Get the kids together and binge the trilogy...No, I'm not talking about the Hobbit.