Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings @ Cardinals prediction
The Vikes didn't really look any better in the season opener than their pre-season games.  The OL and DL just seem to be "off" and not playing up to their potential.  I don't think it's going to get fixed this week on the road either, and Murray gives them fits like most mobile QBs do.
Hope they surprise me, but I think the Vikes lay another stinker.Vikes: 10Cards: 32

27 Cards
18 Vikings

The line is down to Arizona -3.5 points. It opened at -4.5. Its interesting, bettors don't trust Arizona yet or believe the Vikes are a dumpster fire. This line has been surprising to me all week.

I would have thought at least 6 - 6.5

I think the Cards win and cover the spread - hope I'm wrong. 

Here we go...a long shot.  Vikings lose 30-27 in OT...again.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
The line is down to Arizona -3.5 points. It opened at -4.5. Its interesting, bettors don't trust Arizona yet or believe the Vikes are a dumpster fire. This line has been surprising to me all week.
Prolly has something to do with this....

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-be...-2-game#10

The problem with Viking fans—actually all fans--is that they tend to think who you were last week is who you will be again this week and who your opponent was last week is who they will be again this week. When that is almost never the case. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
The problem with Viking fans—actually all fans--is that they tend to think who you were last week is who you will be again this week and who your opponent was last week is who they will be again this week. When that is almost never the case. 
Yabut...

Discernible patterns arise after 7 years. 

Zimmer has been quite public about how the D has had to evolve and we saw some of that last week. 

The offense while having some dangerous skill players, has a steeper hill to climb personnel wise and schematically. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Yabut...

Discernible patterns arise after 7 years. 

Yeah, I think that's the perception. Last year there was a good example. We lost to the Colts in what might've been our worst performance in years. We're 0-2 going against a Titans team that was 2-0. Don't remember the spread, but I remember the mood. We stood no chance. 

We lost 31-30 due to three turnovers, a missed field goal by Bailey, a failed 2-pt attempt (likely attempted because of the earlier Bailey miss), and two late 55 yard field goals by Gostkowski. Y'know, the kind of shenanigans Viking fans know too well. Point is, the Vikings could've, probably should've, won. 

Next week, the Titans blow out the Bills 42-16. Bills go on to play in the AFCC. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Mmmmm. Not always. So this is a little like betting red at the roulette table when black has been hitting the last 4 times. I hear you: Vikes tend to surprise when least expected and shit the bed when it feels strong they will win. I don't get that feel here today. But MB, as always, I'd love to be wrong.