Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick's seat hotter than Zim's ...
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Pro Bowl is cute but I want a Super Bowl damn it!
Someone forgot to post the rest of the list... New England with 7.   They're SB winners but they lose in the Beauty Contest Department.   Which Maroonbells thinks is what matters apparently.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Someone forgot to post the rest of the list... New England with 7.   They're SB winners but they lose in the Beauty Contest Department.   Which Maroonbells thinks is what matters apparently.
Geez, let's not pile on.  Obviously the Pats had the GOAT.

Rick Speilman is a Top 10 GM easily, I think higher.  It is up to the HC and his staff to develop the talent and motivate the team and hire assistant coaches etc.

I do think the Zimmer era has run it course but I am not going to get my pitchfork out and throw the baby out with the bathwater.....yet Smile

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

I do think the Zimmer era has run it course but I am not going to get my pitchfork out and throw the baby out with the bathwater.....yet Smile
Same here. But I did head out to the barn this morning to make sure I know where it is.  :p

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

Rick Speilman is a Top 10 GM easily, I think higher.  It is up to the HC and his staff to develop the talent and motivate the team and hire assistant coaches etc.

but what about Vikings nation as a whole???

Dont underestimate the carry-over and bad taste in fans mouths from the last few years. 

0/2 will send many fans into extreme shades of mad...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

but what about Vikings nation as a whole???

Dont underestimate the carry-over and bad taste in fans mouths from the last few years. 

0/2 will send many fans into extreme shades of mad...

Yes it will. Especially with two challenging games on its heels. But I would hope the amount of influence fans have with the Wilfs is less than zero. 

If we listened to angry fans, we'd fire our GM and coach every year, Todd Bouman would've replaced Daunte Culpepper, Moe Williams would've replaced Robert Smith, and either Johnny Football or Case Keenum would be our QB right now. Among about six dozen other things.

What is interesting about the Pro Bowl stat is that of the 25 appearances, 16 belong to 4 players.  Rhodes, Griff, Barr, and Harry. 

Anthony Barr making the Pro Bowl is a joke, dude spent his career being nearly invisible when he actually plays.

Since 2016, in the last 5 seasons combined these are Barr's totals:

7.5 sacks
1 INT
3 forced fumbles
3 fumble recoveries 
16 passes defensed

How does this guy make the Pro Bowl, he has almost no impact.  Nick Vigil just logged half of Barr's season sack average last week with 1 

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
Anthony Barr making the Pro Bowl is a joke, dude spent his career being nearly invisible when he actually plays.

Since 2016, in the last 5 seasons combined these are Barr's totals:

7.5 sacks
1 INT
3 forced fumbles
3 fumble recoveries 
16 passes defensed

How does this guy make the Pro Bowl, he has almost no impact.  Nick Vigil just logged half of Barr's season sack average last week with 1 
Anthony Barr is the most underrated player on the Vikings. He does things fans don't see. He doesn't get many sacks because he's not asked to rush the passer often. Why? Because he's so good in coverage.

During the Zimmer era the Vikings lead the NFL in 3rd down defense. And no one is really all that close. Anthony Barr is a big part of that. He calls the defense in the huddle, he sets the front. He makes Eric Kendricks a much better player. In short, he allows Mike Zimmer to run his defense the way it's meant to be run...and it's not the same without him. 

Barr was not the player they should have taken at that spot, that year....

I know, I know - history is 20/20 clarity. 

We all know who should have donned the purple all these years in place of Barr. 

Maroon we can agree to disagree.

I mean if Barr is so good in coverage he averages all of a whopping 4 passes defensed a season (one forced incompletion every 4 games), and gets an INT once every 4 years.

Since 2016 Kendricks has

40 passes defensed (Barr 16)
7 INTs (Barr 1)

Sorry, not only do my eyes not see this superior pass coverage by Barr, but the stats reflect a total lack of any kind of plays, not just sacks.  He's a top 10 pick with the size and speed you want getting paid top 10 salary, but we get about between one and zero splash plays a year?  

You know and I know those are purple shaded excuses ....

I understand he has some mystical role in Zimmer's defense that sounds nice, but at some point with his toolbox he should be making more plays.  7 years later it's still not happened. 

Chris Claiborne 2.0, need to move on in 2022