Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you want him as your QB?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
There has to be a happy medium somewhere. There has to be a qb that can scramble somewhat. As well as a competent or average OL. There has to be a qb that can work with the OL and vice versa. It can't be all one or the other. And the coaches have to coach to their strengths. They are so not there yet. 
Here's one.... 

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...38817?s=20
We all like Teddy. But was Teddy ever going to deliver the team where it wanted to go ultimately? Not in my opinion. He's an inspiring kid and a good leader, no doubt about it. I continue to root for the guy. 
Before the injury? Yeah, I think so. After? No. And contrary to what others have said, it would've been unwise--actually impossible--to keep him given the realities of the situation at the time. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
There has to be a happy medium somewhere. There has to be a qb that can scramble somewhat. As well as a competent or average OL. There has to be a qb that can work with the OL and vice versa. It can't be all one or the other. And the coaches have to coach to their strengths. They are so not there yet. 
Here's one.... 

Yeah I know. Still wonder what might have been. He's a good dude, I wish him all the best.

Jackson is 1-3 in the playoffs
Has taken 19 sacks in those 4 games
Completes 55.9% of his passes
Has thrown for 3 tds and run for 1
Has 5 ints

So, yeah... Bring him in. 

@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Here's one.... 

We all like Teddy. But was Teddy ever going to deliver the team where it wanted to go ultimately? Not in my opinion. He's an inspiring kid and a good leader, no doubt about it. I continue to root for the guy. 
Before the injury? Yeah, I think so. After? No. And contrary to what others have said, it would've been unwise--actually impossible--to keep him given the realities of the situation at the time. 
Yeah, he wasn't gonna stay as a backup while he recovered and we couldn't sit and wait.  Sad, but that is what it was.

I love the calm cool demeanor under pressure.  The mobility and confidence to buy a bit more time.

To answer OP: Yes
And to add: I know this is a Vikings forum so there's bias, but it's funny to see people act like Lamar can't continue to improve his passing. He's been a starter for 2.5 seasons. Then in the next thread over we're all hoping Kirk can improve with his running, or his pre-snap decisions, or his quick dropbacks... in his 10th year in the league.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Here's one.... 

We’ll see this year, I think he’s in a similar situation w/ the Broncos as he was w/ the Vikings. I wish him well… 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Here's one.... 

We’ll see this year, I think he’s in a similar situation w/ the Broncos as he was w/ the Vikings. I wish him well… 
Teddy had a good defense and a better back (for 1 season), but I'd say he's in a better situation now.

When Teddy played in Minnesota he had receivers like a washed up Greg Jennings and RB-to-be Cordarrelle Patterson and Charles Johnson and Mike Wallace. He had a terrible line with slugs like Kalil and TJ Clemmings and Brandon Fusco.

In Denver, Teddy has a good, solid line, good backs in Gordon and Williams and receivers like Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton and Noah Fant. 

@Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Here's one.... 

Teddy had a good defense and a better back (for 1 season), but I'd say he's in a better situation now.

When Teddy played in Minnesota he had receivers like a washed up Greg Jennings and RB-to-be Cordarrelle Patterson and Charles Johnson and Mike Wallace. He had a terrible line with slugs like Kalil and TJ Clemmings and Brandon Fusco.

In Denver, Teddy has a good, solid line, good backs in Gordon and Williams and receivers like Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton and Noah Fant. 
I think Jeudy is on IR.

If only we could be lucky enough to get a QB like Taylor Heinecke on our roster.  :'(

Another factor that is often over looked about Teddy's time here is that he never had the opportunity to play in the pass friendly dome, all of his home starts were in a college football stadium with many played in frigid and windy conditions.