Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Bring In Dr Michael Osterholm
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
Preach Bros....

We're all Americans and the only way out of this Pandemic is vaccine. 
if it were only that simple.  I have found no evidence yet that the current vaccines prevent variants from forming.  just because a vaccinated person doesnt get as sick,  or stay sick as long,  doesnt mean they cant create a mutation in their system,  honestly as time goes on,  I have a feeling that we could actually see worse mutations come from vaccinated people since they will be more likely to live through the strains the vaccines were designed for,  but wont be as affected and will be more likely to spread the variants, and any new variant that might evolve from their systems response to covid.

kind of like any other drug resistant anything, they are typically born out of over exposure to the same treatments,  we see it in about everything that we treat with drugs over extended periods of time.  our current vaccines dont wipe out the virus,  so they are creating an atmosphere where the virus can mutate IMO.

I go along with the line of thinking that covid is the new flu, and we will spend the rest of our lives playing whack a mole with it as the drug companies try and guess what the next variant will be.. some years they will get the booster right,  and other years we will see spiked death rates from it.

I was supposed to ask my BIL on that.  Sorry!!

It is my understanding that if we start playing whack a mole with it, the benefit of an Mrna vaccine is we can quickly adapt the vaccine to the variants by genetic sequencing the current variant.  Something we're already doing to determine if its a variant or not.  We've had 4.5 million deaths already.  We've got an over taxed healthcare system as it is right now.  It seems that the vaccine is the only deterrent that can actually be seen working

What I'm hopeful for is that we've had 2 other Covid instances since 2000.  We had Sars in '02-'03.  It never "died" but it did run its course for the most part.  We then had MER's in '04ish.  It took 2 years to run its course as well.  Obviously this version has made past the 1.5 year mark but you'd think if its cousins died out that it would as some point as well?  We then went 15 years without another outbreak.