Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drew Lock To Start
Drew Lock will get the start at QB for the #Broncos on Saturday vs. the #Vikings

Teddy Bridgewater will be the backup

I don't think there's any doubt they want Lock to start. They wanted to have him compete for the job and he is. Whether he starts the season, we'll see. But Teddy as the backup isn't a bad thing.....him as a starter is. Worse case scenario for Denver is they win around 6 to 7 games and get too low to draft a QB next spring. 

No surprise. Lock is the incumbent. Teddy has to win the job and he hasn't yet separated himself from Lock. Word is, Teddy will start second preseason game. Guessing whoever plays better in those games will likely get the start week one. I think it will be Teddy, but we'll see. 

I also think the Broncos are a better team than many think. For them it's really going to come down to how well their QB plays. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
No surprise. Lock is the incumbent. Teddy has to win the job and he hasn't yet separated himself from Lock. Word is, Teddy will start second preseason game. Guessing whoever plays better in those games will likely get the start week one. I think it will be Teddy, but we'll see. 

I also think the Broncos are a better team than many think. For them it's really going to come down to how well their QB plays. 
Their defense is going to be dang good and will keep them in games. I agree with Sticky where I think they win 6-7 games because their QB is unable to win it for them in the 4th. Lock and Teddy just don't have it.

Count me in as another guy who thinks they'll be in a 7ish win purgatory zone. Their offense just hasn't been any good the past few years. QB is an issue whoever they choose, Sutton is apparently not fully healthy still, and Fant is made of glass. They also have a defensive-minded HC in Fangio who I don't think is creative enough on offense to overcome some of these issues. We'll see.

I'm a big time donkey hater and typically lower on them than most, but I see a 10-11 win team. Good defense, maybe the best secondary in the NFL, good receivers, love their line, and their backs. They need an efficient QB who doesn't make too many mistakes to make it all work. It's for that reason, I see them going with Theodore. Maybe not a championship team, but I see a team that wins more than they lose.