Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Vigil
Looks like he's going to nail down one of the 3 starting LB positions. I think I'm good with a veteran like that in there, hopefully not making mistakes, being where he should and making plays in front of him. With Barr and Kendricks being playmakers behind a more stout interior D-line, I'll take a smart lunchpail dude that can tackle. Some underrated athleticism there as well. I'm sure Dye and Smith will get some snaps and hopefully a guy like Chazz Surratt can learn this year and push for that spot next season ideally. 

He had a leg up playing under Guenther. Not sure how many snaps he'll get, especially with all the Tite we seem to be leaning towards. Might see Wonnum in at LB as often as Vigil.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
He had a leg up playing under Guenther. Not sure how many snaps he'll get, especially with all the Tite we seem to be leaning towards. Might see Wonnum in at LB as often as Vigil.
Yep, for sure this spot gets the least amount of snaps on D as he comes off in the nickel and dime packages.

I think special teams contributions will play as much or more into the #3 and #4 LB as their contributions on defense do.