Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen: 'Best I've felt in my entire life'

Liar. I'm the same age as Adam and I can tell you that 25 was a lot better than 31 haha.

That's what all football players say in their 30s. But it's true that some people are late bloomers, shifting their physical peak from late 20s to early 30s. We'll see if that's true for Adam.  

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Liar. I'm the same age as Adam and I can tell you that 25 was a lot better than 31 haha.
Wait until you go from 40 to 50. Its a shit show. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:

Son of a......I'm already tired. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Yeah, I was just about to say that. I too probably thought 31 was worse than 25. But when you start piling together a lot more years, that difference is miniscule compared to the difference between, say, 31 and 51. 

Age is just a number. 20 something me used to play hoops 4-5 nights a week. Pick up games, mini league, summer league, etc. 

50 something me took up cycling and within one year I qualified for the state time trial Championship.

Last week as a 60 something I completed my first strenuous rated hiking trail in WNC.

Might have taken a little longer to get there, but if you put your mind to the task, age isn't a barrier.

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN.

grew up playing contact sports and other activities that beat up my body.... every year I feel like all those old injuries are returning without ever healing and are compounding.

i am sure that by the time i am dead my tombstone will read,  "he wished he'd have discovered golf sooner"