Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hometown hospital cuts ties with Cousins
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Only surprise would have been if they actually kept him as a spokesperson. 

Cousins is getting skewered on social media.

Only thing that would cure all of this is winning and staying on the field.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about JJ's shoulder than I am anything Cousins related. 
I'm curious to see how he handles all this. It's not likely to get much better. I can see signs in the stands. I can hear boos. I can see post-game talk radio grilling him alive at the first poor outing. How does he handle it? He's not exactly known for his mental toughness. Is this finally the thing that pisses him off and turns him into the kind of fiery leader we need? Or does it have the opposite effect? 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Why are there no fans calling for Theilen to be cut or traded,  or Smith,  Richardson, Cook, Barr, Kendricks,  or any of the other 25 or so players rumored to have not gotten the shot.  The lack of quality LB play was often an excuse for last years defensive collapse,  seems that those guys could be just as big of a loss to the team.  Smith is the key on D, Zimmer uses him so many different ways,  his absence would be huge.  Or how about our stud RB,  sure there are other capable RBs on the team,  but for a run first oriented offense to lose a player like Cook it would be a tough one to handle as well. 

Honestly the outrage aimed at Cousins is a joke if people aren't going to be making the same comments about the others that have apparently made the same decisions as the ones listed above are all leaders for this team.
QB1 is tougher to deal with. But I have the same problem with Thielen, Smith and Richardson or anyone else on the team that isn't vaccinated. Many of us were bothered by Dennison's status. By the way, Kendricks has stated that he is fully vaccinated.

Why are there no fans calling for Theilen to be cut or traded,  or Smith,  Richardson, Cook, Barr, Kendricks,  or any of the other 25 or so players rumored to have not gotten the shot.  The lack of quality LB play was often an excuse for last years defensive collapse,  seems that those guys could be just as big of a loss to the team.  Smith is the key on D, Zimmer uses him so many different ways,  his absence would be huge.  Or how about our stud RB,  sure there are other capable RBs on the team,  but for a run first oriented offense to lose a player like Cook it would be a tough one to handle as well. 

Honestly the outrage aimed at Cousins is a joke if people aren't going to be making the same comments about the others that have apparently made the same decisions as the ones listed above are all leaders for this team.
I think the fact that it's confirmed Cousins isn't vaccinated and the others are rumored is part of it. But let's be honest a large number of fans hate the guy and relish every opportunity to shit on him. So when/if the others are confirmed they wont receive the same vitriol. 

I have a problem with the low vaccinated rate. I have mentioned my issues with Thielen and Smith. Cousins is getting piled on because of the position and the impact on the team already. My understanding is that Kendricks is vaccinated. If Barr and Richardson aren't vaccinated, I have an issue with that. I think we'll hear about anyone missing time due to COVID. Cousins is also getting grief because of his comments. He didn't take any responsibility and blamed others. I said my piece on Mond too. He had an opportunity and was an idiot.

#1 He is the QB, the leader of the team
#2 He is expensive and hasnt produced the way he was expected to
#3 He wears his idiotic beliefs on his sleeve and thinks it allows him to be above others
#4 lastly, its another sign it is all about Kirk

Cousins not being vaccinated  matters as   the Vikings try and win a Superbowl.

Cousins getting 86'd as a spokesperson for a hospital does not.

I liked it better when NFL football was about football and not a athlete's brand.

The other 35-40% of the team suck donkey balls to. The reason cousins is currently shit on is he actually missed time and has been the most vocal about his decision. Not to mention he is the highest paid player on the team in the most important position in profesional sports. 

However, had he shut his piehole and not missed camp I highly doubt we’d be where we are   

Cousins missed a week a practice for being a selfish jerk.  And then he doubled down on being a complete tool by making excuses for it by blaming the QB room not being big enough and talked about putting plexiglass around himself.   He has brought this on himself.   If he was a standup guy who he would get some leeway here, but he has never shown himself to be any kind of team leader, he typically sits by himself on the sidelines, you rarely see him looking at film or talking to coaches and on the field he seems more concerned at times about padding his stats than winning games, so this is just another confirmation of who he is.  If any of those other guys end up missing practice or games and then compound it with some idiotic statements they will end up in the same boat.  

‘Cause ‘Merica loves a good train wreck…!  Wink B)