Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 5 Training Camp - Live Stream
The covid thing has been a bit of a bummer, but there is still a whole lot of upside with this team.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Jake Browning was a 4-star recruit. He started all 4 years at Washingt and won 39 starts, the most ever by a Pac-12 QB. Going undrafted/being on Minnesota's practice squad the last 2 years was a different experience for someone used to playing a ton.
[Image: yz0Tbbor_bigger.jpg]
Replying to
Browning: "Having some success then going undrafted – it definitely makes you look in the mirror and be like, alright, I went undrafted for a reason. What do I need to get better at? ... I think it was just having a long-term plan and really looking at it like I can either be
[Image: Jfi83G5K_bigger.jpg]
"be upset that I went undrafted and make a lot of excuses - ‘oh, people don’t value this.’ Everybody always has some different excuses for why they went undrafted and I think for me, I had confidence in my ability but I definitely needed to make some pretty major improvements on
[Image: Jfi83G5K_bigger.jpg]
"some other things and I felt like I spent the last two years doing that."
That's a great response from Browning.  Not a lot of big time college athletes have that self-awareness or perspective.