Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The party is broken
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
I'll give you a 10 out of 10 for troll bait.  Not unusual to see anti-christian commentary from MB.  Nothing new.
It is bizarre, but maybe telling, that you think this was an anti-Christian post. You clearly didn't read it.  
I AM a Christian, though I feel unworthy of the label. Let’s just say I’m a fan. But I’m a fan of the Jesus in the actual Bible. Y’know, the humble servant of the poor, the Nazarene born in straw poverty who encouraged us to love our neighbor, welcome the stranger and give our money and possessions to the poor.

I’m not a fan of the one conjured by Trumpists to justify torture and celebrate greed, wealth and the profit gospel. To disregard the poor, turn away refugees and grab women by the pussy. I don’t know where that Jesus came from. 

You were all over the place in first post in this thread and above.  The summit was not a "Christian event", it was a leadership training event.  Were there Christians at event, yes. probably.  Your whole second paragraph in the OP was totally off the rails and unrelated to the conference.  You paint with way too broad a brush, it is doubtful that many Christians believe as you stated in this second paragraph in the OP.  If indeed you are a Christian, be very careful about bearing false witness against fellow Christians or others.  Don't let your disdain for Trump lead you astray.
Interesting you put "bearing false witness" next to your line about Trump. Trump, a walking, talking embodiment of all seven deadly sins, who uses God and the Bible as a prop, is an insult to believers everywhere. 
Of course. Its the ultimate hypocrisy. When I hear that Christians back this guy its mind-blowing. When I hear hard-working blue collar folk back him, I'm dumbfounded: he's a spoiled little rich bitch boy. Didn't earn a damn thing in his life. Has a well deserved reputation as a jack wagon. But he's a xenophobe and demagogue and that is what appeals to them. I have a friend that told me he won't go to a Chinese restaurant because of what China is doing. LMAO, ok. He'll 'drain the swamp', they said. Riiiight. 

The world is full of hypocrites. There's a guy down here in Florida named Ron DeSantis that is getting buzz as the next GOP candidate for President. I like him. I've watched what he's done. I haven't seen a person in politics have a better understanding of the subject matter he is discussing than DeSantis, no matter what it might be that's he's speaking about. Yes, he did snuggle up to Trump, but it was clearly a means to an end. He's not like him. When Biden came down to survey the Surfside condo collapse, he praised Biden and was complimentary. He understands that scorched earth isn't going to bring anyone together. 
I would say right now DeSantis is likely the front runner for president in 24,  lots of time for the media to play their games but he is really the only name I hear bantered about and its drawing close to when the real candidates will start to show themselves.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
I'll give you a 10 out of 10 for troll bait.  Not unusual to see anti-christian commentary from MB.  Nothing new.
It is bizarre, but maybe telling, that you think this was an anti-Christian post. You clearly didn't read it.  
I AM a Christian, though I feel unworthy of the label. Let’s just say I’m a fan. But I’m a fan of the Jesus in the actual Bible. Y’know, the humble servant of the poor, the Nazarene born in straw poverty who encouraged us to love our neighbor, welcome the stranger and give our money and possessions to the poor.

I’m not a fan of the one conjured by Trumpists to justify torture and celebrate greed, wealth and the profit gospel. To disregard the poor, turn away refugees and grab women by the pussy. I don’t know where that Jesus came from. 

You were all over the place in first post in this thread and above.  The summit was not a "Christian event", it was a leadership training event.  Were there Christians at event, yes. probably.  Your whole second paragraph in the OP was totally off the rails and unrelated to the conference.  You paint with way too broad a brush, it is doubtful that many Christians believe as you stated in this second paragraph in the OP.  If indeed you are a Christian, be very careful about bearing false witness against fellow Christians or others.  Don't let your disdain for Trump lead you astray.
Interesting you put "bearing false witness" next to your line about Trump. Trump, a walking, talking embodiment of all seven deadly sins, who uses God and the Bible as a prop, is an insult to believers everywhere. 
Actually it was logical.  Your strong dislike for Trump is very evident in your posting style and could lead to falsely accusing others of holding certain viewpoints (may apply to some but not all).  Overgeneralization is all to common on both sides of the aisle.

I take it you agree that one should be very careful to avoid bearing false witness?  I'm not a Trump defender nor did I vote him.  All politicians are flawed, none are sin free.  We as voters have to decide who is closer to our thinking and vote for him/her, recognizing that we may have strong disagreements with some of their goals, beliefs, actions, etc.  I could not endorse or vote for either major party candidate in the last two elections.

[Image: short-funny-image-quotes-for-whatsapp-dp...1584105937]

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:

Of course. Its the ultimate hypocrisy. When I hear that Christians back this guy its mind-blowing. When I hear hard-working blue collar folk back him, I'm dumbfounded: he's a spoiled little rich bitch boy. Didn't earn a damn thing in his life. Has a well deserved reputation as a jack wagon. But he's a xenophobe and demagogue and that is what appeals to them. I have a friend that told me he won't go to a Chinese restaurant because of what China is doing. LMAO, ok. He'll 'drain the swamp', they said. Riiiight. 

The world is full of hypocrites. There's a guy down here in Florida named Ron DeSantis that is getting buzz as the next GOP candidate for President. I like him. I've watched what he's done. I haven't seen a person in politics have a better understanding of the subject matter he is discussing than DeSantis, no matter what it might be that's he's speaking about. Yes, he did snuggle up to Trump, but it was clearly a means to an end. He's not like him. When Biden came down to survey the Surfside condo collapse, he praised Biden and was complimentary. He understands that scorched earth isn't going to bring anyone together. 
I would say right now DeSantis is likely the front runner for president in 24,  lots of time for the media to play their games but he is really the only name I hear bantered about and its drawing close to when the real candidates will start to show themselves.
I'm not as familiar with DeSantis as you or our resident Floridians...But I would give him a listen, SOME consideration.  

Still trying to figure out who is the real DeSantis vs the one spooning up to Trump or are they one and the same? Dont like how FL managed Covid, didnt embrace data/science to inform strategy etc. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:

I'm not as familiar with DeSantis as you or our resident Floridians...But I would give him a listen, SOME consideration.  

Still trying to figure out who is the real DeSantis vs the one spooning up to Trump, managed Covid in a way I didnt like, didnt embrace data/science to inform strategy etc. 

i think its his management of covid that has him as popular as he is.  he didnt shut down preemptively,  he waited until there was something to respond to,  and he didnt stay shut down longer than he had to.  was Floridas response perfect... no,  but as we have seen from about every states response there wasnt a perfect reaction to this,  but Floridas economy was not nearly as battered as many other states and IIRC they didnt suffer from covid any/much worse than states that went to the extremes and as a result neutered their economies. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:

Sins according to whom?  The leftists/progressives have been celebrating these sins for a long time.  So either condemn the sins for everyone or stop condemning them only in people you don't like.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:

Sins according to whom?  The leftists/progressives have been celebrating these sins for a long time.  So either condemn the sins for everyone or stop condemning them only in people you don't like.
much like everything else... its only offensive or a sin if the offender has the wrong color tie on... otherwise its just a character flaw at most.