Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 20 worst draft picks in Minnesota sports history: These were terrible
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
@Skodin said:
These four are the most painful to me

RB Nelson over RB Allen
What do the 80s Vikings teams look like with one of the greatest RBs in the game on it?  What do the 90s Vikings look like with all those draft picks? 
Wow this is something I had never thought about, had we drafted Allen like we should have, the Walker trade never happens and we keep all those draft picks.  We potentially would have won a Super Bowl during that era and the also really nice benefit is that Dallas would not have won theirs.  Ugh!!
Don't get me started on the what ifs. 

What if the refs called Drew's push off?
What if we drafted Allen instead of Nelson?
What if Nelson catches that 4th down pass?
What if we draft Sapp to play with Randle instead of Alexander?
What if we put Johnson back in instead of Cunningham?
What if Robert Smith doesn't run out of bounds 6 times?
What if Culpepper doesn't blow out his knee?
What if we don't put 12 men on the field?
What if Teddy doesn't blow out his knee? 
What if Bradford doesn't blow out his knee?

And what if Robert Smith doesn't just nod his head that yes, he knew... and then did it again?

Really pissed about Johnson losing his job to Cunningham as well.  Cunningham had a pretty rainbow, but Billick read the D for him all year.  Johnson would have been much better.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
@Skodin said:
These four are the most painful to me

RB Nelson over RB Allen
What do the 80s Vikings teams look like with one of the greatest RBs in the game on it?  What do the 90s Vikings look like with all those draft picks? 
Wow this is something I had never thought about, had we drafted Allen like we should have, the Walker trade never happens and we keep all those draft picks.  We potentially would have won a Super Bowl during that era and the also really nice benefit is that Dallas would not have won theirs.  Ugh!!
Don't get me started on the what ifs. 

What if the refs called Drew's push off?
What if we drafted Allen instead of Nelson?
What if Nelson catches that 4th down pass?
What if we draft Sapp to play with Randle instead of Alexander?
What if we put Johnson back in instead of Cunningham?
What if Robert Smith doesn't run out of bounds 6 times?
What if Culpepper doesn't blow out his knee?
What if we don't put 12 men on the field?
What if Teddy doesn't blow out his knee? 
What if Bradford doesn't blow out his knee?

And what if Robert Smith doesn't just nod his head that yes, he knew... and then did it again?

Really pissed about Johnson losing his job to Cunningham as well.  Cunningham had a pretty rainbow, but Billick read the D for him all year.  Johnson would have been much better.
Yeah, that was an unpopular take back then, but I stood by it. I still believe it. Cunningham was on fire so it was really hard to take him out. I get that. But, like Keenum and his horseshoe in '17, I always felt deep inside that the other shoe was eventually going to drop with Cunningham. He wasn't the reason we lost against Atlanta, but that definitely wasn't his best game. And then to make matters worse, we traded the wrong QB.

Quote: @RS Express said:
I was expecting a list of 20 Timberwolves picks.

Gerald Glass and Luc Longley in the top 10 anyone?

Kris Dunn @ #5 only to trade him after 1 year.
How can anybody forget Ndubi Edi, drafted by McHale in 2003.